Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
I love how the engines were so little they were rated in cubic centimeters 😂
Yeah, 948cc sounded so much more impressive than 0.9 liters! :)
Sponsored

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
I did mine!!!

D0DEF6DF-9651-4743-9AB8-93C191C44944.jpeg

40F04280-2457-4727-A999-D5278FE34D42.jpeg

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
Amazed no one has gotten this one yet

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-628-040-Universal-Seat-Heater/dp/B002U6IL9O

Go to 4:08 for seat removal

Go to 8:01 to see the fundamentals of how the seat is attached. Both leather and cloth are bolted in the same way.
This looks quite easy to do actually (install Dorman rear seat heater kit). If you have Aux switches with front/right IGN/Acc hot wire, you could attach that to the Dorman kit and then run the wiring inside the vehicle to the side interior panel next to one of the rear seat sides and mount the switch into the plastic. Buy a Deutsch DT connector male/female so your wire harness line to each of the seat pads is removable for when you want to take the seat out, and you are all set. The biggest challenge would probably be getting that heating pad underneath the fabric or leather. But seriously, the wiring job would probably take about 2 hours and that's probably an overstatement if you have the Aux switches. If not, a relay and extra wiring to the battery would do the same and you could run it under the Jeep instead of using the Aux Switch bank IGN/Acc hot wire, however....it will use the 10amp fuse that the IGN/Acc uses too, so you might want to keep the in-line 10Amp fuse. I'd hesitate to hook the Dorman kit up to the Aux Switch "Battery" wire (same bundle, inside the R/Front Passenger footwell with Aux Switches installed) as it would be parasitic draw if the heater seats were left on after you shut the vehicle off. Attaching it to the IGN/Acc would allow you to keep the switches on during cold weather to warm them up if you have remote start. Most folks don't know that the Aux Switches come with a wire that's hot when the car's started that you can connect to stuff like this so long as you have a switch (otherwise your seat heater would be on while the IGN/Acc is on) to modulate it. Good luck! Would be great to see if you do this and/or if anyone else attempts it. I take my back seat out cuz...dog, no kids....

See this great thread for info on those additional (IGN/Acc and Battery) wires included inside the Jeep with the Aux Switches: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...cable-color-code-wiring-identification.13026/

Also, you can get them installed by a 3rd party. I did, they took my Jeep to a Dealer and flashed it and the Aux switches are simply awesome and work flawlessly.

Good luck!

Sponsored

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
I did mine!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Heated Rear seats 40F04280-2457-4727-A999-D5278FE34D42

Jeep Wrangler JL Heated Rear seats 40F04280-2457-4727-A999-D5278FE34D42
Looks great! What kit did you use, how hard was the install, to what power source did you connect the wires?

I installed an aftermarket heated seat kit in our first JKU so I’m familiar with removing the seat skins, installing the heating elements, etc. so it shouldn’t be too difficult.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! What kit did you use, how hard was the install, to what power source did you connect the wires?

I installed an aftermarket heated seat kit in our first JKU so I’m familiar with removing the seat skins, installing the heating elements, etc. so it shouldn’t be too difficult.

I found the heating elements on Amazon just searched until I found the buttons I liked. I had a professional upholstery shop install the elements under the leather and I wired up the rest. I used the power and ground from the center console power adapter.

Dusty Roads

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys Sport
Here I am some old oilfield guy in West Texas wondering why anybody would want heated seats. I've never kicked on my heated seats but I've damn near wore out the air conditioner side. Jump in my truck when it's 110 and it's been sitting on location for the last 6 hours, it's kind of like a convection oven. You learn to drive with your butt cheeks floating over the seat.

JeepVengeance

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sahara (on order)
Here I am some old oilfield guy in West Texas wondering why anybody would want heated seats. I've never kicked on my heated seats but I've damn near wore out the air conditioner side. Jump in my truck when it's 110 and it's been sitting on location for the last 6 hours, it's kind of like a convection oven. You learn to drive with your butt cheeks floating over the seat.
Meanwhile in North Texas we just got through a spell of 10 days below freezing. And we hit 114 this past summer as well. Our weather swings can be pretty dramatic.
Sponsored