nh4x4jeep

nh4x4jeep

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
That “loose” tierod was on the passenger side correct? If so what does the other side do and does it feel like it’s pushing back down when you let pressure off of it?(like a spring)
Does the ends of the drag link do this also?(pitman arm to knuckle)
The drag link is loose where it connects to the wheel knuckle on the passenger side.
I didn't notice any movement in the tie rod.
When you press on the drag link, there is clear visible movement and a clunk. Releasing it makes another clunk and it returns to it's normal position.

My wife has Sunday and a few days off this week that I might be able to get under it to take a better look and get some answers. Gotta plow first. :jk: :)
Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
My drag link still makes the thunking sound after they torqued everything to spec. My JL is no longer wandering and doesn't have loose steering. I'm 99.9% that it is normal for the drag link to do that based on my research. You might want to do a poll type post and ask everyone to check if their drag link is loose and makes that sound. It would be a good idea to include your video to demonstrate (shorter version perhaps as most will think it is too long to watch it) and ask them if they have any steering issues as well. So the poll would be something like this:

Q: Does your drag link move and make sounds like the one in this video? (allow multiple check boxes so they can choose more than one)
Option Answer 1: Yes my drag link does that too.
Option Answer 2: No my drag link does not do that.
Option Answer 3: My JL has steering issues.
Option Answer 4: My JL does NOT have steering issues.
Can you hear the thunking noise when you turn the wheel back and fourth?

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Do any of you hear it while you turn the wheel back and fourth? I noticed my draglink end that connects to the pitman arm moves and makes noise as well.

Sponsored

MattLaurence

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport
Any updates on this? I have this same issue and am curious

greenerobnmu

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Any updates on this? I have this same issue and am curious
Same here. Since I read this thread where people are saying the dealer is saying it’s normal I went back out to check. I can move the wheel and crest the same noise although not as pronounced. I’m certain a 2 ton Jeep would be able to put a lot more pressure then my arms though.

CZ 75

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Just noticed this on mine today when I was replacing the stabilizer.

greenerobnmu

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just noticed this on mine today when I was replacing the stabilizer.
I took my Jeep in for this and another repeat issue yesterday. I felt at least 6 Jeeps on the lot. All of them had the loose drag link. I couldn't shake any of the wheels though.

Jessjames357

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Same issue here, was getting a lot of vibration in the steering and popping noise when backing out of my drive way. Took it in to get it aligned as it was pulling to the right and they showed the play in the drag link. Took it straight to the dealer and they are blaming it on my 2.5" spacer lift and said it was shifting the front end. Contacted Rough Country regarding the issue and they said there is no way the springs are shifting. Cant get a straight answer out of anyone. But the dealer is basically telling me since I modified it that its not their problem and to bring it back to stock and they will take a look at it!

Sponsored

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
My OEM dragline did that. My replacement Synergy drag link does not.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Did this fix your vibration and popping issues or was there more than the drag link?
I did more than the drag link at the same time, I also did the steering stabilizer. But with those I am experiencing a pretty firm ride, great in the wind (we had/are having a nor' easter here). I'm still experiencing a minor, minor bump reaction but I have on my workbench new upper and lower adjustable control arms, the new Synergy track bar/sector shaft brace and track bar, new Synergy rear track bar, the Rockrawler rear track bar relocation bracket, a new Synergy front tie rod. So hopefully after this weekend all bump reactions, wobble, wander, etc. will be, as the song says, gone, gone gone. :)

jbd1969

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I did more than the drag link at the same time, I also did the steering stabilizer. But with those I am experiencing a pretty firm ride, great in the wind (we had/are having a nor' easter here). I'm still experiencing a minor, minor bump reaction but I have on my workbench new upper and lower adjustable control arms, the new Synergy track bar/sector shaft brace and track bar, new Synergy rear track bar, the Rockrawler rear track bar relocation bracket, a new Synergy front tie rod. So hopefully after this weekend all bump reactions, wobble, wander, etc. will be, as the song says, gone, gone gone. :)
any luck with all the changes?