Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Love amsoil's products, specifically their severe gear gear oil, but honestly I have switched to HSS' EDT and their diesel extreme every 6k. The container makes dosing much easier and it only requires 1 oz per tank vs the excessive amount of diesel kleen. Still have a bunch of DK in the garage.
Damn, I can buy a Gallon of HSS EDT for $90 on Amazon. At 1 oz for 25 gallons, that will last me for 128 fill-ups. I think I'm going to pick up a gallon of that and use it as my in between Amsoil treatment.

On average I fill up once a week...

If I use 1oz. of HSS EDT for 3 fill-ups, over 3 weeks, and then I use Amsoil for the 4th fill-up on the 4th week. That comes out to in a year, 39 oz of HSS EDT, and 13 bottles of Amsoil all in one. So that 1 gallon of HSS EDT should last me 3 & 1/4 years... For $90 that's a pretty good deal!!!
Sponsored

Yardstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLURD, Tundra, 4Runner, Sprinter
I was thinking of using the Hotshot LX4 lubricity additive alone to try to keep the CP4 alive as long as possible. Getting the 32oz size bottle makes it pretty reasonable. What's a good way to measure and get it in the tank? I used to use a turkey baster with another diesel and its additive. That turkey baster eventually broke down. I'd like to find something more compact anyway so that I can take a 'kit' with me on a road trip. Would a syringe do it? Any worries about the rubber or silicone seals in a syringe with an additive?

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Just thought I'd share my latest order...

Some back story:

I've been using HotShots EDT and LX4 as per recommendation from other forum members on here for about 4 months now. I've been mixing them together in a 4 oz container, with use of a funnel. It hasn't been the easiest way to do this. Then taking that container with me when I fill up. I've been adding roughly 2 oz of each one to this 4 oz container.

Been meaning for a while to pick up a 2.5 gallon jug with a spout that I can add a gallon of both EDT and LX4 to make it easy to pour an equal amount of both these products into my 4 ounce container. Also because as I start to run low, order a gallon of each and just keep the process rolling easy.

What I purchased:

Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Additive? Screenshot_20230812-094231

I had originally searched up on Grainger and then on Amazon. This was the best price with the quickest shipping I could find. Got to love McMaster-Carr!

Here are the dimensions of the product highlighted in red along with the mouth OD for the spigot.

Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Additive? Screenshot_20230812-095521-163

Perfect size for that shelf in your workshop. ;) 😎
Sponsored