Sponsored

3.0 L Diesel Fuel Additives

Paulguy100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
For cold weather climates, does anyone regularly use a diesel fuel additive? What brand?
Sponsored

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Might want to ask this on the 3.0 engine forum. I'd help you out, but it really never gets cold here.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Power service white bottle - been using it in diesels for 30 years after having one gel up in Michigan. Repair shop my NEW (1200 miles) pickup was towed to. Guy put it a heated shop for a few hours, called me and said I was good to go. He’d added Powerservice and told me if I’d run it in extreme cold it would never gel. He was right and I’ve never had another issue with any diesel no matter how cold. We lived in Mi, Ia, and Il, and my diesels sat outside most times. Never an issue at temps down to -20F ..

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I may never need it where I live, but I ordered the Mopar Premium Diesel Fuel Treatment, just in case Global Warming is a hoax.

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Opti-lube XPD. No issues here in AK, though our additive mix at the pump is probably sufficient to prevent gel formation. Either way, the cetane and lubricity benefits make it worth every penny.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Used Hot Shots in my 2014 3.0 GC for 3 winters, nary any problems. Miss that rig.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I lived in Texas so it's not super cold, but I do run Amsoil all in one through the gas tank every other fill up.
https://www.amsoil.com/p/diesel-all-in-one-adb/
Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0 L Diesel Fuel Additives Screenshot_20221231-081538
Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0 L Diesel Fuel Additives Screenshot_20221231-081528

If you do order from amsoil I would definitely recommend getting the preferred membership. I believe it's like $20 for a year, you get free shipping and I think it's like 25% off every order. The $20 alone will pay for itself in the first order. After that you're basically saving a crap ton of money. First time I ordered from them, cost me $60 to order a six pack of this product with taxes and shipping included. If I just spent the $20 on the preferred membership the first time, it would have only cost me $40. Ain't that something! :swear: ;)

EDIT: I take that back, free shipping with preferred membership for any orders over $100. Last time I just ordered two boxes of this stuff from AmSoil, and then a six pack of similar products for my wife's Subaru. I figure if you're going to buy a bunch of it eventually, why not buy it all at once. Not like it goes bad anytime soon.

Last edited: