Devices to bypass auto stop/ start

DaveMNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Sahara
Just a light on the dash... never paid it much notice. No error "message" tho.
I made a round circle with black electric tape and placed it in the same spot as the light on the dash. I forget all about ESS and the light on dash and I forget the tape is even there. Cheap fix and happy ever time I drive my Jeep.
Sponsored

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
I just pulled the right hood pin. Disabled it. Cheap and took 1 minute.
Yep, easy and free! It worked on my grand cherokee and the JL. I've had it this way for years.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I made a round circle with black electric tape and placed it in the same spot as the light on the dash. I forget all about ESS and the light on dash and I forget the tape is even there. Cheap fix and happy ever time I drive my Jeep.
Exactly! Jeeps r awesome!

Sponsored

Wranglernator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubi Unlimited
Occupation
Evil Overlord
People in this thread need to read Magnuson Moss. Adding a little device like this is surely no grounds for an automaker to not honor (don't use the V word) your sales contract, i.e., warranty. But this OMG VOID YOUR WARRANTY thing just will not die. And the automakers love it.

garkoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
I was testing if the car would start with just the main or just the aux, both started fine, i did get the service auto start message, the only way to remove it was to disconnect all power for 5 mins reconnected and it went away, however the system never worked since, i dont know if it glitched out or what happened but im enjoying it.

Sand Flea

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara
Occupation
Federal Firefighter, Retired
Unlike a lot of consumer grade aftermarket electronics, our devices are built to meet or exceed automotive design and quality standards. They are assembled in the US and Canada. Our JL module's electronics are weather and environmentally sealed, which can be important in a Jeep.

SmartStopStart has a 90-day money back guarantee and a 3-year replacement warranty. We stand behind all of our products. Our JL product has a solid proven track record with thousands shipped.
Satisfied owner/user here!

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I bought one for my Wrangler. I LOVE it. I just bought one for wifey's Grand Cherokee.
It is just such an irritating "feature" I can't believe the the OEM software doesn't "remember" your last setting? It's a trivial software enhancement (I write software for a living, embedded and whatever). WTF! (it's worth it to me to add SSS).

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I bought one for my Wrangler. I LOVE it. I just bought one for wifey's Grand Cherokee.
It is just such an irritating "feature" I can't believe the the OEM software doesn't "remember" your last setting? It's a trivial software enhancement (I write software for a living, embedded and whatever). WTF! (it's worth it to me to add SSS).
The non-latching behavior is intentional and due to rules around measuring economy and emissions being unfavorable if the state is latching. It's not due to a lack of FCA knowing how to write code.

Sponsored

Sand Flea

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara
Occupation
Federal Firefighter, Retired
The non-latching behavior is intentional and due to rules around measuring economy and emissions being unfavorable if the state is latching. It's not due to a lack of FCA knowing how to write code.
ok, but it is still unwanted by us paying customers, so perhaps FCA should listen to us.

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Have you read the rules? Not saying your wrong, just saying you are stating things as true that I'm not aware of and maybe you could enlighten me.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Have you read the rules? Not saying your wrong, just saying you are stating things as true that I'm not aware of and maybe you could enlighten me.
I've seen it covered in several places, a quick google search turns this up:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...-to-deactivate-stopstart-systems-temporarily/

TLDR - "a Ford spokesman said in an email. “In order to qualify for the incentives, [it] must be the predominant operating mode for the vehicle, such that the driver cannot permanently disable it.”"

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
There is a very easy and inexpensive way to disable ESS and I have posted it on a couple other sites. The video is for a Ford truck, but it works on a Jeep. The trailer light tester makes the Jeep believe it is pulling a trailer and ESS is not activated. No need to push the button, it stays off.

I put one on and it works. No more ESS BS. Very simple and easy and no problem with warranty or service. Start the video at the 3:00 minute mark to get down to business:

Hope it helps you!
Does this also work with a 4-pin plug?

MLS_AZ

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Does this also work with a 4-pin plug?
I got a four-pin adaptor and put it in the 7-pin round plug tester when I needed it. I wanted to get the four-pin out further anyway, so it worked out fine.

Hope it works out for you.
Sponsored