Tazer Mini and Auto stop/start

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2dr Sport S
650 miles on my '22 JL and installed the tazer mini last night. Updated to most recent firmware and followed directions without issue. First time driving today after the install and while on the freeway the Warning Light for the stop/start came on. I know it could possibly be coincidental, but I'm leaning more to the tazer causing the issue. I have a 3" lift with 35's and wanted to adjust for that otherwise I'd have left it alone. Anyone have this same issue? Assuming I should unmarry and try again but wanted to also get some input. I did purchase it second hand but came in the box as new. oh, and I stopped to get gas and no issues starting and the warning light was gone. Came back on once on the freeway again going 70.
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Two directions here. Are you sure your Tazer has never been used on another vehicle? It will retain the original vehicle's info if it has. There are instructions in the Tazer manual for how to completely clear out old vehicles from the tazer. You can also unmarry your Tazer and see if it stops happening.

It also may have nothing to do with the Tazer. What does the dashboard ESS screen say? It will tell you why ESS is disabled. It could simply be that your AC is on and the engine is needed for cabin cooling.

OP
OP
rizion

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2dr Sport S
Two directions here. Are you sure your Tazer has never been used on another vehicle? It will retain the original vehicle's info if it has. There are instructions in the Tazer manual for how to completely clear out old vehicles from the tazer. You can also unmarry your Tazer and see if it stops happening.

It also may have nothing to do with the Tazer. What does the dashboard ESS screen say? It will tell you why ESS is disabled. It could simply be that your AC is on and the engine is needed for cabin cooling.
thanks for the input! Caused me to re-read the instructions and I totally missed this part...

"JL M6 Relearn Procedure This procedure is a required step after changing tire size setting on a manual transmission Wragler JL above 33 inches: The “top gear” re-learn procedure is required when changing the tire size on a Manual transmission Wrangler JL. Failure to do so will result in an Electronic Stop-Start (ESS) error. 1- Use the Tazer JL to enter your desired tire size. 2- Select “Full Reboot” and allow it to complete its 2.5 minute cycle. 3- Start the Jeep, allow the radio to boot up, then turn it off. Start it again. 4- The top-gear re-learn requires that you accelerate to highway speed (40-80mph), be in 6th gear, maintain some accelerator pedal pressure (not decelerating) for about 30 seconds. 5- Once this is complete, you can turn the Jeep off and finish the two sleep cycles as mentioned in the user manual, so the radio gets back to normal."

Will do this and report back, but I have a feeling this will do it as I only got the ESS error message when going over 60mph. Of course, it stays on until the vehicle is shut off again.

Reactions: J0E
OP
OP
rizion

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2dr Sport S
Followed the directions correctly this time and all is well.
Sponsored

Reactions: J0E