Tazer Lite / Auto Stop/Start Question

918JLRookie

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Just unmarried and removed my Tazer Lite for an upcoming Dealership Service visit and the Auto Start/Stop function appears to not have reverted back to factory. The Auto start/Stop is not working (which any other time I would be thrilled) and the light is also not illuminated on the dash. What have I done wrong??
Sponsored

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
The ESS can become disabled by the ECM because of a low battery voltage. I'm going to say if it's really cold outside and you have the heat turned up, ESS is most likely disabled then as well.

OP
OP
918JLRookie

918JLRookie

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually after looking further, the dash is saying that Auto Start/Stop isnā€™t avail due to battery charging. Iā€™m assuming that maybe while Tazer has that function disabled, that battery isnā€™t being charged??

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Actually after looking further, the dash is saying that Auto Start/Stop isnā€™t avail due to battery charging. Iā€™m assuming that maybe while Tazer has that function disabled, that battery isnā€™t being charged??
1 or both of your batteries is done. They're shitty batteries.

Tell dealer about it and they will charge the batteries and tell you you're fine and the same thing will happen in a few days. Personally, I would just replace both myself.

OP
OP
918JLRookie

918JLRookie

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That doesnā€™t sound encouraging. Iā€™m still under factory warranty. Iā€™ll keep you posted. Taking it in for a Check Engine code of P105D

Sponsored

OP
OP
918JLRookie

918JLRookie

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
......well took my Jeep in today to the dealership for some service issues, as it's still under warranty until March 2023. Here's the conversation, I kid you not!!
Me: I've got an appt for an oil & filter change, tire rotation, check engine light/Code P105D, Dash message "Auto Start/Stop Not Ready - Battery Charging", and can you tell me what you charge to Re-Flash my computer for tire size? (Bare in mind I had unmarried and removed my Tazer)
Tech: Ok, well the package you will need to re-flash your jeep for tire size is $150.00 and be about $170.00 on top of that to actually re-flash the tire size info.
Me: Jesus that's high as hell, thanks but nevermind.
Tech: Probably what most people do and you should do is just buy a personal programmer and program the stuff you want yourself. That way if something changes you can make the changes yourself.
Me:Well I had thought about that but wondered if I would have any issues since I'm still under warranty??
Tech:Oh no problem at all. It wouldn't effect your warranty at all.

Wow! Bet I could never get that in writing and can't believe he even said it! :LOL:

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'JLURD
Tape recorder and make sure he states his name fully, position and where he works. šŸ˜

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
......well took my Jeep in today to the dealership for some service issues, as it's still under warranty until March 2023. Here's the conversation, I kid you not!!
Me: I've got an appt for an oil & filter change, tire rotation, check engine light/Code P105D, Dash message "Auto Start/Stop Not Ready - Battery Charging", and can you tell me what you charge to Re-Flash my computer for tire size? (Bare in mind I had unmarried and removed my Tazer)
Tech: Ok, well the package you will need to re-flash your jeep for tire size is $150.00 and be about $170.00 on top of that to actually re-flash the tire size info.
Me: Jesus that's high as hell, thanks but nevermind.
Tech: Probably what most people do and you should do is just buy a personal programmer and program the stuff you want yourself. That way if something changes you can make the changes yourself.
Me:Well I had thought about that but wondered if I would have any issues since I'm still under warranty??
Tech:Oh no problem at all. It wouldn't effect your warranty at all.

Wow! Bet I could never get that in writing and can't believe he even said it! :LOL:
That's awesome.
Some dealer techs are cool people, and know this stuff. They'll be straight up with you, like this.
The rest either don't know what they're talking about, or refuse to deviate from what corporate/ dealer management tells them. And even sometimes with warranty work- management mandate wins out over the "right" thing to do to help the customer.
Sponsored