First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5
Occupation
Professional Irritant
Oddly enough, wx always plays a part in colour selection for me. While I've no idea about the wx patterns in CT, I do know that most greys are invisible here in the PNW. So between the two, I'd go for the white. It's one of my 3 'distant seconds' should Hydro remain unobtainable. I remember seeing a white Rubi with black top/flares and tan seats on a dealer lot a year or so back. Those tan seats really raised the classiness.
Sponsored

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Willys Sport, 2019 JLU Sahara
With my Willys, I went back and forth on color for days. I was between White and Sting grey in the end. Couldnā€™t decide so I picked white do to the extra cost of grey.
Overall, I am happy with the white but if I had to go back and reorder, I would maybe go with red. Everytime I see a skittles color Wrangler, I check it out. Red is now my favoriteā€¦

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Firecracker Red gets you two colors in one: it is bright red...unless you are color blind, in which case it looks Sting Gray. šŸ˜«
Jeep Wrangler JL Decision on color..,?? E86C22B3-491C-46B8-8C00-484739ECF39B

Valpo Jeep

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mas Ghibli, 18 JLU, 05 Gulfstream RV
Back in the day Sting Gray was a primer you shot as a base coat. Now itā€™s an up charge. Personally I do not like it along with any matte or satin color or even white. That is just my thoughts and ultimately you have to decide what color to get.

Our 18 JL we got firecracker red. We bought used would have settled on a few different colors. We had seen a purple JK that we really liked but it got sold before we could look at it. We were looking for purple, blue, or red and not necessarily a JL.

Pick a color that you and your family will want to look at every day. We only have to see it if you share pics.

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
Loving all the red posts here, look great. My vote is sting gray over white. That said, I almost bought Sting Gray Moab until I showed my wife and she said she didnā€™t care for it. Red became my new top pick as I waited for the 4xe to be released, but I much prefer the look with a black top and was set on the sky one touch. Had been excited for Sarge but always saw it with red decals and donā€™t like the Christmas tree look. Saw a Sarge Willys in the wild and pulled the trigger on a Sarge Sahara 4xe, added Willys wheels and rubicon tires. Love it. Itā€™s kind of like sting gray but with color, and itā€™s the right color for a Jeep. P.s get the tan leather.

E7688358-2FFF-49B7-B196-E5ADBFFA555A.jpeg

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
In the final weeks leading up to placing my order, I was down to white or red. After looking at a lot of Jeeps on many lots, white fell off the radar because it shows everything, which made me think of the black Nissan Juke that I currently had. It would only ever look clean for about 20 minutes. Working in a yard that is either dust or mud didn't help. That left me leaning to Firecracker Red, and kept visiting and test driving this Rubicon...
Jeep Wrangler JL Decision on color..,?? 20180901_105855

In the end, my mind kept asking if I could live with it after the honeymoon phase wore off, and couldn't for the life of me answer yes. On my last visit of the red Rubi, they had a Stingray Sahara parked right there, which is peeking into the above pic. It looked far better in person than in pics. It spoke to my raw nature, to see but not be seen and to hear but not be heard. To hide in plain sight.

I put an order in for a Stingray Rubicon right after that pic was taken. After nearly four years of ownership and modifications it no longer hides in plain sight as well, but I still love the color as much as when I first saw it. An added plus is that it doesn't show dirt, even after not seeing anything beyond rain for nearly 3 years...
Jeep Wrangler JL Decision on color..,?? 20221119_112300

OP
OP

CT High Tide

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 High Tide
thank you all.. after seeing sting grey and white next to each other,, I changed The order to Sting Grey.. looks nice with the black accents..

dealer updated order, does it take a day or so for the tracker to be updated? Still shows white.

MikeyK

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Earl
Traded white Willys Gladiator for an Earl Willys JLU šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Jeep Wrangler JL Decision on color..,?? 565472A6-D80A-48E4-8BEE-8B22470EEF82

Jeep Wrangler JL Decision on color..,?? 62C5A13A-AB34-4B48-A7E4-67F079BE9691

five9dak

First Name