Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
My point is some people can, and do, regret getting a Rubicon.

As someone mentioned above, the only thing I miss from a Rubicon is the swaybar disconnect. On the other hand, I love the LSD and the Selec-Trac, especially in winter. Wish Jeep just offered a bit more flexibility with some of these features.

Willys offers tremendous value: it is the sweet spot in the entire Wrangler lineup.

IMO Rubicon is not always the answer. It will depend on the buyer, on the intended use, etc.
Agree!
Sponsored

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
I debated this a bit - two factors came in:

1. I couldn't get a manual with the XR package (I wanted a Manual again and the cost savings)
2. I don't really like the black grill on the Willy's with Hydro Blue

I'm using mine similar as to you, definitely hit some trails that are moderate, but less rock climbing, more just steep, mud, ruts, etc.

J_Winslow

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Imo go rubicon... unless you know 100% you will NEVER EVER go on a trail where you will want lockers. Most people will never need lockers, but if you get that bug you will regret not having them.

Entonboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
I stumbled upon this thread, and I gotta say, it's an interesting question you've got here. Choosing between the 2023 Willys and Rubicon is no easy task, especially when the prices are so close. It sounds like you're not planning any extreme off-roading, but you might consider lifting the Rubicon a bit. I was just wondering how things turned out for you. Any updates on your decision? I'm new on this forum myself and love the discussions here. If you're still feeling indecisive, I recently discovered this nifty website called FlipSimu. It lets you flip a virtual coin to help with decision-making. Give it a shot. It might provide some clarity: https://flipsimu.com/

Last edited:
OP
OP

rscott91

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys XR
Went with the Willys XR, was built in Oct, could not be happier with the look and the way it drives, have done off road driving nothing too serious but it handles well. Came down to the fact I fiqured I was just not going to use lockers and disconnect too much so went fully loaded with most other things. Just picked up a soft top as well..
Sponsored