JLU vs Ram 1500 decision time...help

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
just finished my build out:
y2-Fst6vuMWR2vWrXoqRdwJVCCZ6ZR4pist_WCw2IBct4hW4XuXPBChqf9lJaeFw-ZBlLbn8lqhEB5aDgg=w1326-h791-no.jpg

I came from a Colorado ZR2 Diesel.
Road manners won't be as good as the RAM, it's a JEEP.
I've never owned a vehicle that makes me smile more though...:like:
Looks like you will have ZERO issues with hurricanes/ flooding here in FL. Looks sweet man! Was not a fan at all until I saw yours. I think it’s because back then there weren’t any modified so all the photos were of stock..
Sponsored

Reactions: JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Looks like you will have ZERO issues with hurricanes/ flooding here in FL. Looks sweet man! Was not a fan at all until I saw yours. I think it’s because back then there weren’t any modified so all the photos were of stock..
This was the first squall from Dorian.
We also were in King Tide.
K53UPzFWY_tZzrN2WKk0nQ_77adpnSlJ4pOmDGX6hy4heU9LpHMKngcddN5UFiTCs27e8qe4C5nKIo0y2g=w1055-h791-no.jpg

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
I have now had my Ram 1500 4X4 for a year, and will pick up my 2020 JLUR hopefully at the end of the week. Both serve a purpose for me, as do my other vehicles, but if I had a family and only one choice, I'd have to say the Ram would be the better choice for the reasons the other member listed above.
I'm in the same situation. I've got a 2019 Ram and am waiting on my 2020 JLUR to be built. This will be my 4th Wrangler over 20 years, and to be honest I think Wranglers are a fantastic 2nd (or 3rd) car but to be honest they have a lot of downsides as your primary vehicle.

The only bad things I can say about the Ram - it's huge (lol) - and it gets terrible gas mileage. Neither of these are a surprise. But in terms of ride, utility, bang for the buck.. it is a great vehicle. The room in the crew cab is ridiculous.

Of course, the Ram will never be as much "fun" as a Wrangler.

OP
OP

Jeep24Dmb

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
I thought the same thing until I saw one with 37’s on it.

Here’s one from a member on here. @JP1

Growing on me I must admit.

633CA562-42FC-435C-AA21-5F3515F74211.jpeg

But yes, stock = FUGLY

Maybe @JP1 can shed some insight for you.
You’re right! This one looks bada$$ for sure! Something about the stock ones makes me cringe.

Sponsored

Flyslinger2

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
Why am I having such a hard time deciding between a JLU and a Ram 1500? I don’t tow anything, but a truck intrigues me.

Pros and cons from anyone with experience/advice? Family of 4 here. Thanks!
My son is a huge RAM fan. He bought a '17 Ram Diesel with nothing left out of the truck. Spent well over $70k on it.

My son and his newly minted bride went to Hawaii for a week courtesy of my wife and I. They rented a Safari Unlimited JLU. They took the Freedom panels off for the week. He called me from Hawaii and was ranting about the vehicle. So was his wife. He has been paying extra on the Ram. If he wouldn't take such a bath on it he was ready to trade it in as soon as he got home.

He is a hard core mechanic and lineman. Mechanical things are his bag. His opinion of the truck is what swayed me to get mine. I am not disappointed at all in my purchase.

Fitzz47

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited Sahara jl
Why am I having such a hard time deciding between a JLU and a Ram 1500? I don’t tow anything, but a truck intrigues me.

Pros and cons from anyone with experience/advice? Family of 4 here. Thanks!
I have both. The crew cab is great for back seat passengers. I have a cheap tri fold bed cover that works. My wife won’t drive the truck because she hates to park it. I love the truck with a 32 gal tank, Hemi really smooth ride in the truck. Wife likes the Jeep. Easier to park. Led lights. Blind spot and park sense. You have weigh both sides and how you will use your truck or Jeep.
Sponsored