multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
If I could keep my current 2-door JLR I would actually take the TRX. Actually I’d take a Power Wagon... I’d want the increased towing capacity. I mean if we’re in crazy town and I had $77k to blow on my vehicle I would actually just build my 2 door jeep with a hellcat engine, stretched wheelbase, giant axles, 40’s, etc.

That escalated quickly 😬

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Both :) would be nice to have a really expensive trailer to tow with it for those glamping trips

OP
OP
jurassic3k

jurassic3k

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Kia Telluride SX AWD
I never even thought about the comparison until I saw this video. TRX is a no-brainer in my personal opinion! 702 hp supercharged v8...etc...etc

Sponsored

blue_meany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
My buddy just brought home a brand new TRX. It is freaking sweet. Its quick, but you can definitely feel that 6k plus pounds. It is super heavy. Probably one of the last vehicles of its kind. Electric will take over from here most likely.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Two completely different vehicles. Completely different uses. Of course that is my opinion. I would not think of taking a TRX where we took our 392 this past weekend. In the first place it would not have made it. Of course this is all subjective of ones view and intended use. Yes the TRX is a beast. It is quick. It is fun. Again it is all in what one wants. If I had to choose just one??? Jeep hands down.

I digress, and going down the rabbit hole, I actually prefer the Raptor to the TRX if one is comparing off road trucks. But that is an entirely different topic all together. The TRX definitely has it's place and is a really neat ride.

Sam

MonLee

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Sport S
Isn't the trx(and raptor) a Baja truck? More meant for high speed travel across desert than what most people think of as off-roading, slow crawls up and down trails?

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
If I could keep my current 2-door JLR I would actually take the TRX. Actually I’d take a Power Wagon... I’d want the increased towing capacity. I mean if we’re in crazy town and I had $77k to blow on my vehicle I would actually just build my 2 door jeep with a hellcat engine, stretched wheelbase, giant axles, 40’s, etc.

That escalated quickly 😬
We think alike. I’m actually debating a truck for a second vehicle (while keeping my JLR) and I want a Power Wagon (would love a TRX but the Power Wagon is more practical). But my budget for a second new vehicle puts me solidly in the base JTR or half ton bracket.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jurassic3k

jurassic3k

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isn't the trx(and raptor) a Baja truck? More meant for high speed travel across desert than what most people think of as off-roading, slow crawls up and down trails?
Pay 77k for a 392 to drive slow crawls up and down the trails? 😆 I wonder if the paddle shifter helps on the rocks?

MonLee

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Sport S
Pay 77k for a 392 to drive slow crawls up and down the trails? 😆 I wonder if the paddle shifter helps on the rocks?
Yea well I've never heard of someone driving a wrangler fast anywhere. Big engine is not going to help with high speed stability. It's still a wrangler.

OP
OP
jurassic3k

jurassic3k

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea well I've never heard of someone driving a wrangler fast anywhere. Big engine is not going to help with high speed stability. It's still a wrangler.
I totally agree...

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i just want to know when the 392 gladiator comes out :bandit:

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
We think alike. I’m actually debating a truck for a second vehicle (while keeping my JLR) and I want a Power Wagon (would love a TRX but the Power Wagon is more practical). But my budget for a second new vehicle puts me solidly in the base JTR or half ton bracket.
Just get the half ton. The PW isn't nearly as "practical" as one might think . The payload is pathetic, power form the 6.4 is disappointing and the off road goodies mostly rendered useless by electronic nannies. Besides, it is mostly just too big for trails. So not a good 3/4 ton truck, not a good off road vehicle. been there, done that
Sponsored