Sponsored

Dealership can now reprogram / calibrate speedometer and odometer for bigger tires

mr187

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Law enforcement
If you are going to have the dealership calibrate your speedo.....have this thread handy. Just spent 4 hours at my dealership and was told they could calibrate my speedo. Showed them this info and it was done 30 minutes later.
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Called dealer by me and I was quoted $280 to have it flashed... The service adviser specifically said it would take "a few hours" to flash my Jeep. These people are pathetic.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
What I don't understand is why people would waste money having the dealer do this.?.?.?

Man up, buy a calibration unit like the Tazer or FlashCal and call it a day. Sure it costs a few bucks more, however you have more flexibility with adjusting tire size yourself, not to mention the TPMS threshold which goes hand in hand with putting larger tires on your Jeep.

Msmitty

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
What I don't understand is why people would waste money having the dealer do this.?.?.?

Man up, buy a calibration unit like the Tazer or FlashCal and call it a day. Sure it costs a few bucks more, however you have more flexibility with adjusting tire size yourself, not to mention the TPMS threshold which goes hand in hand with putting larger tires on your Jeep.
I think part of it for me when I do it is the wiring and OBD port plug that has to stay in the Jeep with the calibration units. I don’t really like the idea of that always having to be in the Jeep. Am I wrong on this?

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think part of it for me when I do it is the wiring and OBD port plug that has to stay in the Jeep with the calibration units. I don’t really like the idea of that always having to be in the Jeep. Am I wrong on this?
I’m not sure I totally follow you totally, however I will tell you there is nothing to be intimidated about. I’m a complete idiot with anything technical and I can bumblefuck my way through this, anyone one can! :)

I’m currently using the Superchips Flashcal in the Jeep and nothing needs to remain plugged in constantly, except maybe the jumper the gets plugged into the factory harness under the dash. When you want to use the Flashcal for something, plug it in and use it. When you’re done, stick in the glove box or where ever you want to put it.

The Tazer is a little different depending on which unit you get (Tazer JL or Tazer Mini), however unlike the Flashcal there are no wires. The Tazer JL you have a bypass module that gets plugged into the factory harness like the Flashcal, however if you want to use some of the advanced features like Nav in motion you need to leave the module plugged into the OBD port.

The Tazer Mini seems like the cream of the crop. Everything the Tazer JL give you, without having to deal a separate module. The Mini it seems they packed everything the Tazer JL has in the bypass module so it leaves your OBD port free.

Sponsored

Harley

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited (auto)
Occupation
Window Cleaning Business Owner
So i went into Chrysler/mopar dealer today for my appointment to change tire size to the 315’s I have. They said they’ve done it multiple times. When I went to pick it up they told me they couldn’t do it because “Chrysler has pulled the ability to change tire size for the JL”. Is this complete bs or is this correct??? Could a moderator please chime in on this as well? Thanks

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
So i went into Chrysler/mopar dealer today for my appointment to change tire size to the 315’s I have. They said they’ve done it multiple times. When I went to pick it up they told me they couldn’t do it because “Chrysler has pulled the ability to change tire size for the JL”. Is this complete bs or is this correct??? Could a moderator please chime in on this as well? Thanks
Absolute BS! I had mine done last June. Two dealers tried and couldn't until I showed them this video. Show this to them. Also I used a gps speedometer the verify the job was done and it was. You will have to pay a fee that goes to (of course) FCA

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Showed my dealer this and the youtube video. Still can't be done:facepalm:

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't waste your time with the dealer...

Put on your big girl panties, suck it up and buy a calibration unit and do it yourself and call it a day.

I've picked up the Superchips Flashcal and it couldn't be easier. When I need to readjust my tire size down the road as they wear, bam, done. If I change tire size in the future, bam done. No hassles.

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Called dealer by me and I was quoted $280 to have it flashed... The service adviser specifically said it would take "a few hours" to flash my Jeep. These people are pathetic.
I really hate how 99% of dealers give the other 1% a bad name.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Show them this and find another dealer. I was charge d $55 (1/2 hour) and a fee of $125 that FCA charges the dealer to get into the system to make the changes. I also had to show them the video before they could do it.

1102.jpg

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I just set up an appointment with my dealer to do this. Service writer said: "oh 35s, yea we have to reset the pinion gear, $150". Hmm...

Guess I'll cancel the appointment and buy a programmer and be done.

LBK454

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
From this thread I know the dealer can adjust for taller tires. My question: Does anyone know if the dealer can also reprogram the TPMS to something like 25lbs so you can run 30lbs in the tires without the low pressure light coming on?

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
From this thread I know the dealer can adjust for taller tires. My question: Does anyone know if the dealer can also reprogram the TPMS to something like 25lbs so you can run 30lbs in the tires without the low pressure light coming on?
+1 -- I've been searching for a couple days. It looks like the only way is via a programmer like FlashCal. I just really hate the idea of pulling plugs out of my system to install the bypass for the programmer. Plus $250 - $350 to be able to change tire size and tpms threshold is pretty steep. I know some are gonna say that the programmers have other features. But honestly I don't need a "light show" when I'm out in the woods. Very bitter about this. Don't trust the dealership and don't want a $250+ device that could potentially brick my Jeep's computer.
Sponsored

Last edited: