Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I just called the dealer where I bought my JLU Sahara. I asked how much it costs to adjust the speedometer to compensate for larger tires. On the JLU it is a simple software tweak but of course the dealer wants to make that costly.

$125 for the "contract" with Chrysler to buy the software.
$65 for 1/2 hour labor to do the tweak.

Hopefully someone on the forums will figure out how to hack this.
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I have read other members that were charged a flat rate of $125.00. I would assume the dealer would make this software purchase once and only need to charge for labor. If they are going to charge every person the one time cost of the contract and 65.00 for labor they are just lining their pockets.

I would check with some other dealers in your area and see if they are charging the same. This dealer sounds like an :asshat:

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 JK Sahara builds , JL Rubicon, 95 XJ build
Yup this new coding is a monster. One of things I love about the Jk was it is one of the last cars I can do most if not all the work yourself vs. say something like a bmw or Mercedes.... not this looks like a step in wrong direction . In 6 years I haven’t been to dealership to fix anything on either of my j/k’s. Also
Seems like a ploy to generate revenue. Rather than a need for
The ecu yo be so guarded with crypto-software.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
One hour shop time charge to change the pressure sensor settings when I had my 2015 Mustang tires rotated. I was able to buy a $30 hand held transmitter to do it myself. Error code reading charge by dealer was absurd, I was able to buy an ODPII reader for less than 1/4 the dealer's charge. I am sure that there will be a aftermarket speedometer adjuster out very quickly.
Sponsored