Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
The one over by Gwinnett Place?
It'll sell. Sucker born every minute. The dealer build mall crawlers were selling over at Palmer in Roswell too.
Because it's so hard to find good dealer service in the Seattle area, we just bought in Flowery Branch (moving this spring) was hoping you could direct me to a reputable dealer for my 18 JLUR and then I read this......dang.

PS All white, 3.6 auto, Warn winch, 315 tires, no lift, wobble, Hemi or decals but I wave.
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I saw a JL yesterday, looking all lifted, with big street tires. Very typical, for many Wrangler owners around here.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Big shout out to Hendrick Jeep for the best laugh I’ve had in a while. Wandering around the lot waiting on the v-41 recall to be done. Spied a base model sport they had for $57k?!? Sticker had $15k for lift and tires. 20” rockstars with 35” Nittos and....wait for it.....a spacer lift with shock extensions. How do these jokers sleep at night??
How did the v41 go? Did you have DW or an issue that prompted you to go?

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
This spring a local dealer still had a BRAND NEW 2017 JKU sport (10miles) on their lot that they marked up 12k for lift, tires, wheels, smittybilt bumpers and fenders. This same dealer also built a RamRunner back in 2011 and 3 JK-8s that were all marked up over 80k new at the time.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This spring a local dealer still had a BRAND NEW 2017 JKU sport (10miles) on their lot that they marked up 12k for lift, tires, wheels, smittybilt bumpers and fenders. This same dealer also built a RamRunner back in 2011 and 3 JK-8s that were all marked up over 80k new at the time.
They must have figured out the attention draw it creates is well worth their investment.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they write off the modifications as “marketing expense.”

Sponsored

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Money can’t by sense. Someone will buy it.
Same guy will be at every car show talking about approach angles and dry weight clearance... as he says that he doesn’t want to hit any trails because he’s too busy this weekend.

OP
OP
Buckster

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
How did the v41 go? Did you have DW or an issue that prompted you to go?
Steering seems a little more planted. I would expect that from a more agressive steering damper. I didn't have any specific issues but had started to notice a little looser feel over rough transitions on the highway. Will definitely pay attention and will upgrade the draglink, trackbar, and tie-rod if/when I lift or go bigger tires.
I also made sure the damper was installed correctly before I got in it and drove off. The look on the service advisors face was priceless after I looked at it and said "yep, your guys managed to get it on the right way". It was almost as good as the look I got when he asked me if I wanted my free oil change and tire rotation and I told him "not a chance".

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
They must have figured out the attention draw it creates is well worth their investment.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they write off the modifications as “marketing expense.”
The RamRunner and JK8-8s were definitely used to get people in the door, and it worked. They took all 4 to car shows around the area. The RamRunner didn't sell for a couple of years but I actually saw it on the road a few months ago with all the Mopar and RamRunner decals still plastered on the sides, just like it was still brand new. But I know the dealers owner has a warehouse located in Omaha full of special cars so I wouldn't be surprised if he kept it for himself and they wrote it all off.

Flyslinger2

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
Big shout out to Hendrick Jeep for the best laugh I’ve had in a while. Wandering around the lot waiting on the v-41 recall to be done. Spied a base model sport they had for $57k?!? Sticker had $15k for lift and tires. 20” rockstars with 35” Nittos and....wait for it.....a spacer lift with shock extensions. How do these jokers sleep at night??
My dealer (remains anon-e-moose in case they read this stuff) had a couple instant rock crawlers on their lot also. They caught my eye for a second because, admittedly, they were pretty-big fancy wheels, nice knobby tires, blingy lights, kool paint accents, and external toys like shovels, full length jacks and carriers too! And then the reasoned side of my brain kicked in and told me that they wouldn't budge on those vehicles very much.

I ended up doing better with an '18 Punk'n that they screwed up the pricing to my favor. It was listed on the sticker @ $51K and I drove off of the lot at $37K! LOL

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I was in my dealer buying some oil filters a couple days ago. While there I wanted to take a look at the factory premium soft top. They had at least 30 JLUs and one 2 door. None of them had a soft top. :-(

Sponsored

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
When I was shopping around for my Jeep I stopped by their lot in Concord and noticed they were charging for nitrogen inflated tires and other miscellaneous charges. I know they're not the only dealer that does this but it was a clear sign to run the hell away, because they would try to nickel and dime me to death.

Fortunately they're not the only show in town, ended up placing a factory order. Best decision I made, got exactly what I wanted and under invoice.
But they take the garbage off when you say that you won’t pay it, I have bought 35 cars from Hendricks and I got a deal every single time. Sure they will sell the mark up to someone with a shitty 500-620 beacon score and an interest rate of 12%

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
I got mine at Lake Norman and they had the exact same thing kind of thing and it was already sold and going to be picked up later. It was like a 60k mall crawler.
LKN Jeep is insane with the pricing, bought mine in RDU for 6% below invoice from Leigh no problems

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
LKN Jeep is insane with the pricing, bought mine in RDU for 6% below invoice from Leigh no problems
I believe mine was listed at 8% under. Someone might think this is dumb, but I really didn't even haggle with them. At the end of day the dealer makes money no matter what and as long as you pay what you think is a fair price and are happy it was a good deal.

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Once had a dealer offer me 8gs on a 3yr old JK lifted and moded nicely, privately similar builds were going over 20. He tried to tell me he needed to buy new tires, which was probably true, but they'd cost him over 5g to replace the rubber. I told him to get a new tire supplier if they were charging him 5g for rubber. Ended up get 16 at another dealer. It's sad that some people would agree and fall for it.

A local dealer was charging 6gs for a tire and rim package for any wrangler on the lot. I had priced it out myself for 2800, but he was telling me how popular it was and how many he had sold. Very sad.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Once had a dealer offer me 8gs on a 3yr old JK lifted and moded nicely, privately similar builds were going over 20. He tried to tell me he needed to buy new tires, which was probably true, but they'd cost him over 5g to replace the rubber. I told him to get a new tire supplier if they were charging him 5g for rubber. Ended up get 16 at another dealer. It's sad that some people would agree and fall for it.

A local dealer was charging 6gs for a tire and rim package for any wrangler on the lot. I had priced it out myself for 2800, but he was telling me how popular it was and how many he had sold. Very sad.
That’s insulting. Some dealers assume consumers are that stupid —admittedly some are.

Anyway, dealers like that have no shame. I’d walk out just for being thought of that way. Evidently they want me to leave.
Sponsored