Crossmember crack

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
Part is probably pricey in the UK as likely not stocked and needs to get shipped in.
Are you able to go to a local metal shop and have them weld something for you? That is what Jeep Wrangler drivers in India do with skid plates and similar parts as replacements otherwise must be shipped from the US. The shipping is expensive and time consuming plus India requires a 2x duty on anything manufactured outside of it’s borders (4x if made in Pakistan). I thought only Mahindra Thar drivers in India did that but later realized Wrangler drivers in India do it too but for a different reason. We ask for authentic Jeep made parts from the US in India if and only if it is a drivetrain related part (engine, transmission, radiator, etc). That 2x duty gets us all the time! No wonder a JLUR starts at USD 100k in India.
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Seriously? It’s exactly what it sounds like. Somewhere that you park your car.
Thats' what I thought, a parking lot. But then I thought maybe it was a car park, like a park to show off your car or something. Idk how they do things in the UK man I was curious.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
Thats' what I thought, a parking lot. But then I thought maybe it was a car park, like a park to show off your car or something. Idk how they do things in the UK man I was curious.
True. They do play Baseball using only two bases rather than four after all. ;)

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Looks to me like it may have done it's job! If it wasn't there, the next cross back would have taken the brunt and damaged something worse.

But that piece of scrap metal is coming off my Jeep as soon as my M.O.R.E. engine and transfer case skid plates are delivered. Not only do I always get hung-up on it, but it always gets filled with mud and is a pain to clean all the time.
Sponsored