Dealer BCM Flash - $400???

Frankralfano

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Nacho Sahara JLU
At the dealer now, telling me they need to call Chrysler to get the codes added for my LED upgrade, then it has to go to the technician to upload the codes into the computer, which is 2 hours of labor or $395 since they also need to pay Chrysler to add the codes? I've repeatedly read that it should cost around $150 - $200, am I getting shafted here? They are going to 'try' and find me a coupon. Any suggestions if this is accurate before I unnecessarily spend extra money? Tazer is not an option as they are already working on the Jeep.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Any suggestions if this is accurate before I unnecessarily spend extra money?

Thanks!
Get in your jeep and drive away, and download the JScan app or for that money buy a Tazer.

Gregj

eta; you were editing while I was typing but that doesn't change my recommendation.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
That is an ugly example of dealer greed. Never visit that dealer for anything. In 2017 I paid my dealer $100 to do a flash for a backup camera that I added to my JK...and I thought that was plenty high. Tazer is your answer.

OP
OP

Frankralfano

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Nacho Sahara JLU
That is an ugly example of dealer greed. Never visit that dealer for anything. In 2017 I paid my dealer $100 to do a flash for a backup camera that I added to my JK...and I thought that was plenty high. Tazer is your answer.
I had no choice since they were already working on my Jeep, but all in all still not sorted completely. The passenger side light would flicker on start up but then go off because of power. Once the flash took place the power issue was sorted, however still no halos. They said they looked at all of the settings and the halos were on when they pulled up but still nothing.

My options were to continue with a $195 diagnosis to trace my work and then determine if it was wiring or something else. I told them to forget it since while waiting I called a neighboring dealer and it was only one hour of labor for the flash, or $195 vs. there banging me for two hours for just the flash!

Total bullshit and told him I was furious with the result, that they were overcharging compared to the other dealership and that I was out! So now I am still without halos and I traced all of my wires again and everything is connected. Not sure if I get a tazer it will fix the issue and shelling out more money. Are they returnable?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Frankralfano

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Nacho Sahara JLU
Two updates: FCA reached out to me regarding my dealership review asking for more details on based on my reply. More to come, I hope.

The dealer flash to computer solved for the flicker and now the Jeep knows the appropriate power given the LED swap. However, the halos are still not working even though I ran the wire direct to the BCM.

I pushed the dealer that they didn't enable to halos but they were adamant they did. I subsequently purchased a Tazer and confirmed that it WAS set to LED for the halos so now I am at a standstill. Not sure if the problem is the wiring job I did or the halos themselves on the new lamps.

I can go to a local install shop that wants to put a 'canceller' or something between the headlight and the wiring and they 'think' this will fix my issue but won't know until the try (meaning more $$$$).

Before I return the Tazer, anyone have any ideas or suggestions on next steps?

Thanks!
Sponsored