Sponsored

Can New Headlight Damage BCM?

OffDutyPRU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Has anyone ever heard off new installed LED headlights causing a short circuit to the body control module damaging it to the point it needs a full replacement?
Other mechanics and my cousin who’s an avionics engineer for the Canadian forces all said the dealership is bsing me and avoiding to fix under warranty...
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't heard. But a dealer BSing his way out of warranty work would not be a first. Especially an FCA dealer.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
most of the aftermarket led lights whether it a full complete headlight conversion or just the led light bulb swap are plug n play compatible and will not cause any damage to factory settings.

aftermarket companies will already have done the r and d / engineering work to make everything work as it should without any problems. look in the lighting section of the fourm and you will see a ton of led swaps that have been done. i've swapped out my halogen bulbs for supernova v.4 led bulbs from headlight revolution. (both head and fog lights) and have had no problems or error warning. been running them since i got my 19 jl sport in may of 19.

on a side note, research the different lighting options and prices. i would stay way from cheapo $100 complete headlight conversion or $10 bulb swaps because they are crap. beam tech are great led bulbs for $40 and preformed very well as to members that are running them. i'm running supernova and they are awesome. $179 for the headlight bulbs and $169 for the fogs. yeah a bit pricey, but easy plug n play and keep the "factory looks". best of all $348 is well worth the money than paying $1000 for factory leds.
Sponsored