Dealer BCM Flash - $400???

Frankralfano

First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Sport JL
At the dealer now, telling me they need to call Chrysler to get the codes added for my LED upgrade, then it has to go to the technician to upload the codes into the computer, which is 2 hours of labor or $395 since they also need to pay Chrysler to add the codes? I've repeatedly read that it should cost around $150 - $200, am I getting shafted here? They are going to 'try' and find me a coupon. Any suggestions if this is accurate before I unnecessarily spend extra money? Tazer is not an option as they are already working on the Jeep.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland North Edition, JlU Rubicon, JLU Sport, upgrades in progress!
Any suggestions if this is accurate before I unnecessarily spend extra money?

Thanks!
Get in your jeep and drive away, and download the JScan app or for that money buy a Tazer.

Gregj

eta; you were editing while I was typing but that doesn't change my recommendation.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
That is an ugly example of dealer greed. Never visit that dealer for anything. In 2017 I paid my dealer $100 to do a flash for a backup camera that I added to my JK...and I thought that was plenty high. Tazer is your answer.

OP

Frankralfano

First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Sport JL
That is an ugly example of dealer greed. Never visit that dealer for anything. In 2017 I paid my dealer $100 to do a flash for a backup camera that I added to my JK...and I thought that was plenty high. Tazer is your answer.
I had no choice since they were already working on my Jeep, but all in all still not sorted completely. The passenger side light would flicker on start up but then go off because of power. Once the flash took place the power issue was sorted, however still no halos. They said they looked at all of the settings and the halos were on when they pulled up but still nothing.

My options were to continue with a $195 diagnosis to trace my work and then determine if it was wiring or something else. I told them to forget it since while waiting I called a neighboring dealer and it was only one hour of labor for the flash, or $195 vs. there banging me for two hours for just the flash!

Total bullshit and told him I was furious with the result, that they were overcharging compared to the other dealership and that I was out! So now I am still without halos and I traced all of my wires again and everything is connected. Not sure if I get a tazer it will fix the issue and shelling out more money. Are they returnable?

Advertisement

Chrysler Factory Warranty

Advertisement