Fitzz47

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited Sahara jl
My Dealer won’t flash my 2018 Wrangler
That is still under warranty. He claims they won’t do it unless I have a problem
I want 18-092-19 done so that I won’t get stuck when it won’t start.If he won’t do it. If I have to pay to get it done what should it cost.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Find a better dealership, but be aware that TSB’s are not recalls.

Mr Lee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Dealer wont get paid under warranty unless there is a problem. Offer to pay for it yourself.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
You may also be able to update it yourself. I don't know which items they make available for that, but I remember doing one a year or so ago with a flash drive. Took about 45 minutes as I recall, but it updated some stuff. I downloaded it from Uconnect, I think.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
You may also be able to update it yourself. I don't know which items they make available for that, but I remember doing one a year or so ago with a flash drive. Took about 45 minutes as I recall, but it updated some stuff. I downloaded it from Uconnect, I think.
you’re not getting access to the pcm.

Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
That is still under warranty. He claims they won’t do it unless I have a problem
I want 18-092-19 done so that I won’t get stuck when it won’t start.If he won’t do it. If I have to pay to get it done what should it cost.
All you need to do is research the TSB for any problems listed you are experiencing.

Here's the list for TSB 18-092-19:

Customers may experience one or more of the following:
• Excessive blower fan noise when the A/C is on MAX output.
• Intermittent rough idle or idle surging, when coming to a stop (Automatic transmission
equipped vehicles only).
• Random Electronic Stability Control (ESC) lamp illuminates in the Instrument Panel Cluster
(IPC).
• Driving at vehicle speeds while in first gear and shifting into neutral, a message 9Shift to 1st
gear not allowed9 message appears in the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) when
conditions are not met (Manual transmission equipped vehicles only).
• 3 km (2 mph) difference between cruise set speed versus actual display speed.
• During cold vehicle operation and the use of cruise control on vehicles equipped with an
automatic transmission, the engine RPMs may drop below idle speed while cruise control
is engaged, this may occur if the customer presses the accelerator pedal to achieve a vehicle
speed greater than the cruise control speed and then releasing it.
• Radio or IPC may reboot (flash off/flash on) during an Engine Stop Start (ESS) shutdown in
cold conditions with a battery temperature below -12°C (10°F).

I've also included a full copy of TSB 18-092-19 (attached) for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
There you go. Complain about fan noise.

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
Tell them your steering feels loose and sloppy, and that your Jeep wanders on the highway. Ask them to replace the aluminum steering box. That way you'll get better steering and your PCM will get updated.

Just a recommendation. I'm sure others will weigh in if they think that's a bad idea.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Tell them your steering feels loose and sloppy, and that your Jeep wanders on the highway. Ask them to replace the aluminum steering box. That way you'll get better steering and your PCM will get updated.

Just a recommendation. I'm sure others will weigh in if they think that's a bad idea.
The steering gear is a completely different TSB. It's a different software update for the steering.

I've had both of these TSBs applied.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service

it’s likely to get you put on a long waitlist.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
Also the steering TSB does not impact the ESS / Aux battery logic
Correct. But if a dealership is doing any type of maintenance then they typically perform all of the control system updates as a matter of course.

Again... the worst case is that you get a better steering box.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Correct. But if a dealership is doing any type of maintenance then they typically perform all of the control system updates as a matter of course.

That's not my experience with dealership service departments. They only update the system with the specific updates documented in the TSB covering the reported customer problem.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service

I have never heard of this being standard practice.
Sponsored