First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Whelp. Good news. I found a dealer to do 8.75 and give me a good deal on my trade. Once I get and sign official papers I’ll update with their contact info. Woot woot.

https://www.farrishdodgejeep.net/
Chris gave me 8.75 off invoice and a good deal on my trade. Easy to work with via text.

Koons was a close second with the same trade offer but lower 8%.

Dealer fees on both were the same and were high but I’m still saving a ton compared to local which is just under MSRP.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Taktix1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Altitude, 2012 Audi A6, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Whelp. Good news. I found a dealer to do 8.75 and give me a good deal on my trade. Once I get and sign official papers I’ll update with their contact info. Woot woot.

Chris gave me 8.75 off invoice and a good deal on my trade. Easy to work with via text.

Dealer fees on both were the same and were high but I’m still saving a ton compared to local which is just under MSRP.
Good to hear! I purchased from Farrish a few months back also from Chris. Transaction was smooth and had no issues.

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR

How did they do on your trade value?

OP
OP
DocTwinkie

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
How did they do on your trade value?
15k. On the trade. It’s not great. It’s the lowest end of KBB but I’m making up for it on the price of the car.

what I’ve learned is the 8% dealers have some downsides. For one their dealer fees are artificially elevated. They also lowball on the trade.

So there’s a lot of math to see if the travel is worth it. If you have no trade then absolutely. If you do then you have to calculate taxes, dealer fees, local pricing, and trade in.

Of what I saved on the car price by going to Farrish instead of locally I figure I’ve lost about 25% of those savings in dealer fees and low trade value.

but that 75% is still several thousand dollars that will pay for mods.

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
15k. On the trade. It’s not great. It’s the lowest end of KBB but I’m making up for it on the price of the car.

what I’ve learned is the 8% dealers have some downsides. For one their dealer fees are artificially elevated. They also lowball on the trade.

So there’s a lot of math to see if the travel is worth it. If you have no trade then absolutely. If you do then you have to calculate taxes, dealer fees, local pricing, and trade in.

Of what I saved on the car price by going to Farrish instead of locally I figure I’ve lost about 25% of those savings in dealer fees and low trade value.

but that 75% is still several thousand dollars that will pay for mods.
Thanks for the quick reply, how elevated are their fees? In NYS fees are capped at 75$, which is awesome. I walked out of a deal when I was promised 7% under invoice but was actually only 5% and they too lowballed my trade by 3K. Very frustrating to say the least, not exactly what I'd call a pleasant experience. In my case, had the dealer stayed with the 7% below invoice, I would have lived with the lower trade value like you did. It was for me more a matter of principal, not giving me the promised and agreed upon price. Luckily, the dealer is 5 minutes from my house, so it wasn't a huge inconvenience. The search continues for my 2020 Rubicon deal...

Sponsored

Taktix1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Altitude, 2012 Audi A6, 2018 Honda Odyssey
I’m not sure if there is a cap in VA but most dealers charge $600-$900 in dealer “processing fees”. MD is usually under $400.

OP
OP
DocTwinkie

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Processing was 799.

OP
OP
DocTwinkie

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Trigger has been pulled.
2020 JLUR
3.6 Manual
Punk’N with black leather interior.
Sky one touch.
Safety
Adv safety
LED
Tow/Electrical
Proximity Keyless
Alpine Audio.
Cold Weather group.

$47800

Looks like the base price of the JLUR went up slightly as of NOV 1st.

I’m happy with the deal. Once I have it the following are happening:

RockSlide Engineering Step Slides (5year old needs time be able to get in on his own go school pickup)

Rock Hard 4x4 front/rear aluminum bumpers.

Quadratec Stealth Winch.

And some decals. The theme for my kid (okay its really for me) is the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

image below. Working on finding high enough res decals to get them made. Don’t know if I will do them all. But I’d like to at least do the new lettering and the front quarter panels.

CD6EE47A-B6F2-4D17-B493-316BDEBB47B8.jpeg

33D0BDBB-9A67-4F78-A659-F56DA701F950.jpeg

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
For reference next time around, I didn't ask about my trade until after OTD price was given. Then I brought up the possibility of a trade and what they would offer. Easiest solution to know who will lowball and who won't.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Too bad about that trade-in value. They gave me top dollar on my 2016 Audi S5 based only on some photos. I was surprised.
Interesting, they low balled me on a 2014 Q5 they did the maintenance on via their Audi dealership. I went down the block to Adams and got 8k more for the Audi and the Jeep at the same price point.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DocTwinkie

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Interesting, they low balled me on a 2014 Q5 they did the maintenance on via their Audi dealership. I went down the block to Adams and got 8k more for the Audi and the Jeep at the same price point.
I’ve had the worst time just trying to tell people what my car is. They would all say well ya know without adaptive cruise and lane departure these things don’t sell. MINE HAS THOSE.

Apparently I bought a rare unicorn in that Volvo. There are very very few T6 Platinums around. There was one on autotrader and I think one a trim down on carmax.

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
Wowza. So I was all ready to pull the trigger at Criswell, but they offered me a whopping 10k for my trade in which is black booked for 17k. Totally negates any savings on the 8%. Lol. I got instant local offers for 16500, but then I have to pay tax on that difference which amounts to over 1k in taxes. Search continues for a dealer to do 8% and give me a reasonable deal on my trade.

If you're selling locally or not trading I'm sure they work fine. But for trade in I'm moving on. I'll try Koons and Brown next.
Hey which brown dealership are you taking about?

tmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Wowza. So I was all ready to pull the trigger at Criswell, but they offered me a whopping 10k for my trade in which is black booked for 17k. Totally negates any savings on the 8%. Lol. I got instant local offers for 16500, but then I have to pay tax on that difference which amounts to over 1k in taxes. Search continues for a dealer to do 8% and give me a reasonable deal on my trade.

If you're selling locally or not trading I'm sure they work fine. But for trade in I'm moving on. I'll try Koons and Brown next.
Try Len Stoler in Westminster. Had a great experience there!

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
Good to hear! I purchased from Farrish a few months back also from Chris. Transaction was smooth and had no issues.
Regarding the dealer Farrish of Fairfax, do you have Chris's last name or email contact info? Apparently there are two Chris sales consultants. Thanks!
Sponsored