OP
OP
wv18jl

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I tried dealing with them, but have a trade in. They offered me almost $5k less for my trade in than a local deal! (@ 5% below invoice locally)
Similar situation for me
Sponsored

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Seeing as this is the standard for them.

How's the process for selling to CarMax or some other place?

Anybody dealt with these places ?

Gillbot

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I tried dealing with them, but have a trade in. They offered me almost $5k less for my trade in than a local deal! (@ 5% below invoice locally)
I emailed them my vin and their ballpark offer was better than both online offers I’ve gotten. I hope when I go there that doesn’t change by a lot or I’ll have a hard time driving two cars back!

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
How's the process for selling to CarMax or some other place?
As far as I know, carmax is pretty easy. Takes about an hour maybe? You go in and they appraise it and then you take it or leave it.

here's some reviews for selling to vroom.com https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/sold-one-to-vroom/56848/737

and some for carvana.com: https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/sold-one-to-carvana/68624/315

Also check out KBB's instant cash offer thing, I suppose. And shift. There's a number of ways to sell.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wv18jl

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Are the prices you guys are getting at Criswell better than the eprice on their website?

For instance, this 2019 Sahara

https://www.criswellchryslerjeepdod...p-Wrangler+Unlimited-Sahara-1C4HJXEN3KW507729

on the invoice price spreadsheet comes to about $47,000 but they have it online for $42,665 which is about 9.2% below invoice.

Thanks.
No

Eprice on the one we were interested in was 42k

When I called salesman said "your price is 43.5"

When I asked about eprice he explained that is the price with all possible discounts

I grumbled "so that price is a lie to lure people in"

He politely explained that this was how all their competitors advertised so they did as well

That along with their trade values made their pricing not much better than what I can find locally

Their selection is way better though

Although the salesman was polite and honest throughout the entire process

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I grumbled "so that price is a lie to lure people in"
One time my mom and I were shopping for a Chrysler 300. I found a dealer that was advertising fantastic prices, so we went in and checked out the car - it was a basic one but fit our price range perfectly. The sales person was really nice and we chatted up a bit during the test drive. Near the end, he suggested the car was a bait car and the price was false advertising. Unfortunately, it turned out he was correct and we wasted about an hour or two. Unless you went in there paying cash and preferably with a lawyer in tow, there was no way they'd sell you the car for that price. No way in hell.

Unfortunately, none of the other dealers had prices like that, so we ended up buying a year old model. The dealers in the area were so ridiculous that it was cheaper to buy from Enterprise. Say what you want, but they were fantastic. Aside from the swirls that come from a year of being washed frantically by enterprise employees, the car was fantastic and lasted us 5 years, until it met its demise at the hands of a drunk idiot driving an F150.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
My biggest concern is getting duped on the trade in. They said they’d pay whatever carmax will but carmax notoriously low balls.
Sponsored