My Criswell Experience

MotoMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD Granite Crystal Metallic
They sound shady to me with their required fees, financing, extras. Ask them about the order for a customer that waited months to get it then they sold it to someone else when it came in, assume for more money. The sales manager came on the forum fumbling with excuses but would not say the procedures they had in place or will have in place to prevent this happening again.
They sucker you in with supposed low price but then hope you don't know what you are doing and get more from you.
I can only state my experience, having read Richardya's posts and numerous positive ones as well. They were upfront about the price, the fees, and the requirements to get the maximum discount. We can debate which deals are the best or what makes more sense to each individual. In my case everything was explained in writing up front before my deposit was placed. If they operate in a shady manner between now and delivery, it may impact my decision to purchase. To date they have done everything they said they would so I will assume that will continue until they prove otherwise and I would share that experience with the forum.
Sponsored

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
More upsetting was how they handled it.
You would lose $1,000 if you cancelled on them.
if they cancel on you...

srs148

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR, 2014 Jeep GC Summit
I can only state my experience, having read Richardya's posts and numerous positive ones as well. They were upfront about the price, the fees, and the requirements to get the maximum discount. We can debate which deals are the best or what makes more sense to each individual. In my case everything was explained in writing up front before my deposit was placed. If they operate in a shady manner between now and delivery, it may impact my decision to purchase. To date they have done everything they said they would so I will assume that will continue until they prove otherwise and I would share that experience with the forum.
My experience as well - all fees clearly disclosed up front and repeated to me more than once - breakdown of discount (4% forum discount, 1% affiliate, 2% only if you use their financing). Oh yes, and the 'doc' fees. I was informed enough to make my own decision and I placed my deposit!

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
The $799 dealer fee turned me off from them.
$800 dealer fees........................................to type up a few forms holy cow!! What a rip

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
$800 dealer fees........................................to type up a few forms holy cow!! What a rip
Yep, and I think that most dealers in Florida charge $900+. The one dealer here in Georgia that's frequently recommended charges a $600 document fee. But hey, they need to somehow claw back 1 to 2% (of invoice) of the profits that they gave away with their super duper deals.

Later,
Johnny

Sponsored

JMon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara Altitude (arriving soon)
Yep, and I think that most dealers in Florida charge $900+. The one dealer here in Georgia that's frequently recommended charges a $600 document fee. But hey, they need to somehow claw back 1 to 2% (of invoice) of the profits that they gave away with their super duper deals.

Later,
Johnny
I think that you're right that it's just another way to squeeze a margin. You either offer a lower discount off of invoice or charge a higher processing fee (but not so high that this website torches you :) ). The $800 processing fee on my vehicle was the equivalent of .5% off of invoice. I got 8% off of invoice (net 7.5%) at Koons and I can bring my own financing at that rate. I wish I had the vehicle and could claim that this was all a done deal, but I'm waiting like everyone else to make this a reality.

cgv

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa Rubicon
Could someone PM criswell financing lenders you used / were offered - as well as rates?

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
The $800 processing fee on my vehicle was the equivalent of .5% off of invoice.
Are you sure about your numbers Jeff? I would have thought that the $800 would have been closer to 1 1/2% of invoice. Just wondering if my math is what's faulty. Of course, even 6 1/2% off invoice would still be pretty durn good. I ended up paying 5% under with a cash sale.

Later,
Johnny

Later,
Johnny

Sponsored

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
That's new this year. I purchased a JLUR last year in August and you got 8% with the Affiliates Rewards or Tread Lightly. You did not have to use their financing.
Yes, it sounds like things changed over the past year. This was my experience as well. I used Criswell last July and ordered directly from the factory. I told them I’m paying cash with no trade-in. They still offered me 8% below invoice with the Tread Lightly factored in, and minimal fees. I jumped on it. Sounds like things have gotten a bit more complicated since then, but my experiences with them were great - Julian was my guy.

MightyAndrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I think that you're right that it's just another way to squeeze a margin. You either offer a lower discount off of invoice or charge a higher processing fee (but not so high that this website torches you :) ). The $800 processing fee on my vehicle was the equivalent of .5% off of invoice. I got 8% off of invoice (net 7.5%) at Koons and I can bring my own financing at that rate. I wish I had the vehicle and could claim that this was all a done deal, but I'm waiting like everyone else to make this a reality.
Do you remember who your salesperson was

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Could someone PM criswell financing lenders you used / were offered - as well as rates?
Did - thanks @Blueeyedme - anyone else?
The most I’ve seen is 35% on CPO. I’ll add it wasn’t at Criswell and it wasn’t Jeep. And yes the customer took it.

Dealers have numerous lenders they do business with: rates and terms depend on an creditworthiness. Why not let the finance office go to work for you?
Sponsored