Criswell Timeline/Experience

vjm226

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I saw some posts about others experiences with dealerships and their factory orders and wanted to share mine so far. Long time lurker on the forums, finally placed an order with Patrick Mantua from Criswell after doing my research. Just want to give him a +1 as this was my first new car purchase and I never thought it could be this easy especially with my first attempt at a factory order prior to this. Quick background, ordered a Tacoma TRD Pro (I know I know) from the local dealership back in November of 2020 and was told it would take 6 to 12 months with the promise of monthly updates. Wasn't in need of a vehicle right at that moment so I went with it. Month after month, it was me that had to contact them and they never had an update, just reiterating that they told me it would up to a year. Fast forward to August 2021, still no real updates and was told I'd likely have to reorder a 2022 which was insane to me being that I placed a deposit last year. During this time I was definitely naive when it came to how the process should have gone but I knew I was getting the run around so got my deposit back (with no contest from the dealer likely because they knew they couldn't deliver). After educating myself a bit I ultimately decided to go with another Wrangler instead and with the help of the forums found some great information.
Anyway here's a timeline;

9/24 - Emailed several of the dealerships from the recommended list with my build, Pat got back to me with the 7% below invoice even with the affiliates discount that was ending that month. Wasn't the closest dealer but also wasn't the furthest, but Pat quickly got back to me with everything I needed to place the order. We spent the next couple days communicating and getting everything in order

9/30 - Order placed, VON recieved

10/1 - POC sent by Pat with VIN attached

10/9 - Pat reached out letting me know the build was set for 10/22 but held my breath after hearing some stories about chip/part shortages and overall delays from others

~10/28 - Checked the online window sticker link and sure enough, my window sticker popped up. Seemed to quick to be true so reached out to jeepchat and was told my order had a dealer ETA of 11/1 - 11/4. Cryptostickers also showed a build sheet and window sticker.

11/2 - Got a text from Pat saying my order just showed up and he sent some pics along with it!

11/11 - Planning to head down on my off day from work to pick up the Jeep

Now I know there weren't too many dates that things happened there, but that was just how easy it's been for me. My order was pretty simple, a Sting Gray 3.6 auto JLUR, so that could be why it was built swiftly but I like to think Criswell had a play in it since they're a high volume dealer and just do what they say they're going to. I didn't really contact Pat at all during the process as I know they're likely very busy over there and also this past month went so quickly that I did not even get the chance to bother him. Criswell and Pat have been great and I hope this helps someone or anyone decide where to bring their business when they decide to pull the trigger like myself! Thanks all

Jeep Wrangler JL Criswell Timeline/Experience image0
Jeep Wrangler JL Criswell Timeline/Experience image1
Jeep Wrangler JL Criswell Timeline/Experience image2
Sponsored

ECP

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Criswell just told me mine came in yesterday. Hopefully picking up Friday or Sat! About the same timeline as you

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
Yep. Ordered mine with Pat two years ago. I had a very long delay in manufacturing for an unknown reason but no reflection on Pat or Criswell. I believe they tried their best to help during the delay but nothing could be done. But, the dealer experience was stellar. Even gave me top dollar for my trade-in. Just super easy and stress-free.

jgemdoc

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 997 c2s -- 2022 rubicon on order
that's awesome. i ordered a 22 JLUR with XR from him on the 21st. cant wait

Sponsored

OP
OP
vjm226

vjm226

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I'll be up there tomorrow. Let me know if you want me to test drive your Jeep for you to make sure everything is ok. Just as, you know, a favor to you... šŸ˜Ž
Hahaha maybe push down all the fuses on mine while you're at itšŸ™ congrats and good luck tomorrow, share some pics of your new rig when you get it! Glad to see how many others are having good dealings with Criswell

Jaydonoghue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Picked mine up last week. Leon was my sales person and he was great as well. It was good experience.. and getting there was pretty easy. Plane into BWI and then a bus ride for an hour and change.

ECP

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Picked mine up last week. Leon was my sales person and he was great as well. It was good experience.. and getting there was pretty easy. Plane into BWI and then a bus ride for an hour and change.
I'm doing the BWI/Bus thing too.. Leon is also my sales guy. I appreciate the $6 trip tip, even though I don't consider the bus a "shuttle"šŸ˜„

Sponsored

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Hell yeah! This makes me excited, ordered mine there with Russell Kelley 10/25, counting down; it'll be a 2022 so production won't start till 12/6, but hopefully my pile of parts is fully staged and waiting for action by then! :rock:

V1-Rotate

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Guysā€¦ Iā€™m not sure what the deal with Criswell isā€¦ But I contacted my old sales guy, Leon Travis, today to order a new Rubicon. He was great to work with back in 2020. I bought a new Rubicon for something like 7% under invoice.

Today I got a not so good deal. I wanted to pay cash for the rig. The best he could offer was a measly 1%ā€¦. Then he tried to push the credit app. And it wasnā€™t a genuine FCA credit offer. It was through their 12+ financing companies. My credit score is almost 800. And Iā€™m very loyal to my credit union. So Iā€™m not going to let Criswell nuke my credit score for 3%ā€¦.

But seriously. Chriswell used to give the best deals. Now they suck. Iā€™m not sure why a volume dealer would be acting like this for factory orders. Kinda irritatedā€¦

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
Guysā€¦ Iā€™m not sure what the deal with Criswell isā€¦ But I contacted my old sales guy, Leon Travis, today to order a new Rubicon. He was great to work with back in 2020. I bought a new Rubicon for something like 7% under invoice.

Today I got a not so good deal. I wanted to pay cash for the rig. The best he could offer was a measly 1%ā€¦. Then he tried to push the credit app. And it wasnā€™t a genuine FCA credit offer. It was through their 12+ financing companies. My credit score is almost 800. And Iā€™m very loyal to my credit union. So Iā€™m not going to let Criswell nuke my credit score for 3%ā€¦.

But seriously. Chriswell used to give the best deals. Now they suck. Iā€™m not sure why a volume dealer would be acting like this for factory orders. Kinda irritatedā€¦
Youā€™ve now got 2 posts on 2 threads complaining about ā€œonlyā€ saving 4% below invoice when people are out there paying over MSRP? If you donā€™t like the deal say ā€œno, thank youā€ and move on. No need to badmouth the guy, heā€™s just trying to feed his family.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Think you have to work with specific person for forum pricing. Check out this thread

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-on-2022-wranglers.80479/page-29#post-1711696

V1-Rotate

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Youā€™ve now got 2 posts on 2 threads complaining about ā€œonlyā€ saving 4% below invoice when people are out there paying over MSRP? If you donā€™t like the deal say ā€œno, thank youā€ and move on. No need to badmouth the guy, heā€™s just trying to feed his family.
Iā€™m not badmouthing him specifically. Iā€™m just shocked that the best volume dealer on the east coast has a poor deal. Iā€™m commenting in a thread that is specifically about this dealer. This is a forum. And Iā€™m sharing my experience. Youā€™re not forced to read it dude. Iā€™m sharing my experience with other Jeepers. Seriously no need to be hostile.

For the record. I started the other form. Itā€™s not specific to Chriswellā€¦ This forum is.
Sponsored