Leon Travis/Criswell

tmrobert8

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited
After many, many years of minivan - my kids have grown up and I just received my (first) 2020 Jeep Sahara (pretty much all the options - Ocean Blue!). Going to be moving to the mountains in a few years and was really pumped on getting a Jeep!

I ordered from Leon Travis and I can't recommend him enough. Was upfront with the 8% discount, was completely a professional when we met and the transaction went without any hitches. Gotta love only paying local taxes (NC - 3%!). I don't think you can go wrong with the dealership...

A few things I found surprising (coming from a 20 year old minivan whose biggest technology was a digital clock - and that broke about 10 years ago!)...
1. Adaptive cruise is awesome and I love how you can set the sensitivity. Once we got outside DC traffic - was really a nice feature to have
2. Proximity locks are great! I ordered this because I was on the fence and knew from the forum that you can't (yet) aftermarket them. Turns out I really enjoy not having to pull the key out all the time.
3. LED lights - WOW - much brighter than I anticipated and doing the NC backroads - it really lit it up.

I haven't even come close to exploring all the other features but have been thoroughly impressed (and the steering seemed really tight to me [again - 20 year old minivan comparison...]).

Love'n the Jeep!
Sponsored

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I’m in talks right now to buy mine from Patrick. Just waiting to get a good deal on my Volvo trade in. Assuming that goes through I’ll be ordering this or next week.

glad you like yours. PICS!

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I second Leon Travis and Criswell Jeep, I bought mine from him and trailered it back to NH. They are a great dealership to work with, all except the finance guy Trong, he is a freakin liar and will try to rob you. . When I told him I wasn’t ready to purchase the extended warranty he kept coming up with these gimmicky “one day only sales”, It was actually insulting!! On top of that I have really good credit and he still tried to get me in on a higher interest rate, obviously to pad his pockets. I can’t say enough good things about Leon Travis and Criswell Jeep as a whole, but secure your own financing and don’t fall for the Finance guys bull shit.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I had to tap out on Criswell. They offer on my trade was laughable. I’d save 5k buying from them but I’d lose 7K in the trade so... no.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I had to tap out on Criswell. They offer on my trade was laughable. I’d save 5k buying from them but I’d lose 7K in the trade so... no.
Wow, that’s different then my experience. Although I ended up keeping the truck I was originally going to trade in they offered me a few hundred more then I was getting up here in NH, plus the 8% on the JLUR. I have a 2018 Silverado 2500HD LTZ with 19 thousand miles, paid $53 two years ago and they offered $43 sight unseen, not fantastic but that’s more then I was getting up here with the best deal on the Rubi at $100 over invoice. I guess it’s also because they own a Chevy store and this is the season for heavy duty pick up trucks.

Sponsored

OP
OP

tmrobert8

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited
I found it pretty simple on the trade in side. There is a CarMax within 3 miles of the dealership - I stopped by there and got a quote before going to Criswell. Ended up getting the jeep and driving my poor old van back to Carmax to trade it in (Carmax gave me a whopping $300 for the van - more than anything I was getting anywhere else)

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
What’s your trade in details and what did they offer you?

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
My trade was offered 15k. I could probably get 17k locally but I’m getting 8k off MSRP and locally they will do about 1k.

so if my 8k savings I’m losing about 2k in trade so still 6k lower than local.

As for carmax, they do basement wholesale. Offered 14k. The downfall however is that if the car is 50k and your trade is 14k and you use carmax you pay tax on the full 50k. If I trade it I pay tax on 36k. Ohio tax is 7.5%. That’s an extra $1050 in taxes if I used carmax.

I think I got a good deal. Certainly better than local. The savings will cover the step slides, bumpers, and winch with some left over compared to if I purchased locally.