Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
For what it’s worth, I filed a claim to replace my windshield yesterday. With the new Gorilla Glass version from Mopar out, I requested for them to install that one instead of OE. Just found out it was approved by my insurance and the windshield will be here in a week. So, for anyone with a cracked windshield, it’s worth requesting the upgraded part.

I assume insurance companies see soooo many of these that it’s worth it for them to spend more upfront and hopefully replace less windshields in the long run. Only time will tell.
Sponsored

Jack Arthur

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2.0L
I asked Safelite about going this GG route for my 2021 JL windshield (this would be the fourth windshield in 6 months from new). They warned me to understand the warranty limitations (even under my comprehensive insurance claim) from Jeep, which are:

“Mopar Windshield Made with Corning Gorilla Glass has a 2-year limited (from date of install), unlimited-mile warranty, which provides for labor and parts needed to repair or replace your windshield under certain conditions.
Mopar warrants your windshield from damage associated with road debris such as pebbles or other small objects which may cause initial damage larger than a US quarter (1 inch/25mm) and less than 3 inches/7.6 cm. Larger instances or smaller blemishes, along with the subsequent cracking that may be caused by not repairing them, are not covered by this warranty.
Dealer requires proof of purchase and windshield will only be repaired or replaced under the warranty once within the warrantable period.”

So buyer beware. I hope the GG windshield will break the cycle (pun intended) for some of us...

shelglass

First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler
Just spoke with my dealer today on the phone, they said they need to take pictures, send them to Jeep for approval of windshield replacement under warranty. 2020 JL 8000 miles

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I asked Safelite about going this GG route for my 2021 JL windshield (this would be the fourth windshield in 6 months from new). They warned me to understand the warranty limitations (even under my comprehensive insurance claim) from Jeep, which are:

“Mopar Windshield Made with Corning Gorilla Glass has a 2-year limited (from date of install), unlimited-mile warranty, which provides for labor and parts needed to repair or replace your windshield under certain conditions.
Mopar warrants your windshield from damage associated with road debris such as pebbles or other small objects which may cause initial damage larger than a US quarter (1 inch/25mm) and less than 3 inches/7.6 cm. Larger instances or smaller blemishes, along with the subsequent cracking that may be caused by not repairing them, are not covered by this warranty.
Dealer requires proof of purchase and windshield will only be repaired or replaced under the warranty once within the warrantable period.”

So buyer beware. I hope the GG windshield will break the cycle (pun intended) for some of us...
Thanks for the tip. Although, doesn't that "limitation" give better warranty coverage than stock? I wouldn't expect them to provide a forever warranty and, from what I can tell, our stock windshields have zero warranty, so that limitation is more of a benefit in that they actually will cover replacement, whereas we have no coverage with stock. Not to mention if you have windshield coverage with your insurance, they should cover your replacement regardless of the GG warranty.

Even so, good to know to cover our expectations if we get a crack after 2-years after installing the GG windshield.

And 4th windshield in 6-months? Great googley moogley! I was bummed about 3 windshields in 10 months. Best of luck with your next one.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
For what it’s worth, I filed a claim to replace my windshield yesterday. With the new Gorilla Glass version from Mopar out, I requested for them to install that one instead of OE. Just found out it was approved by my insurance and the windshield will be here in a week. So, for anyone with a cracked windshield, it’s worth requesting the upgraded part.

I assume insurance companies see soooo many of these that it’s worth it for them to spend more upfront and hopefully replace less windshields in the long run. Only time will tell.
Did you have the new GG put in yet? Do they make the GG for the models with advanced safety group? I think the windshield is a little different in the area of the rear view mirror.

Sponsored

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have the new GG put in yet? Do they make the GG for the models with advanced safety group? I think the windshield is a little different in the area of the rear view mirror.
No, not yet. It needed to be ordered. Hopefully will be installed next weekend. I’m not sure if GG has been made for the advanced safety group yet, but I haven’t heard anything. Guessing it’s in the works though.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Damn. I’m in the club now. I washed my windshield, dropped the top, and drove to Costco. I noticed the long crack (from the top middle going down) when I got back in the Jeep.

I didn’t hear anything hit the windshield and there isn‘t any indication of an impact. It seems that some are getting them replaced under warranty. I’ll call my service advisor tomorrow.

Msmitty

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Too many cracks on mine now.. getting it replaced on Tuesday. I'm just replacing with the cheaper off brand one for now. Once it goes, maybe I'll go GG..

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
My insurance, Progressive, wouldn't cover the Gorilla glass replacement. I didn't bother with the dealership and had our glass guy replace it. I ordered a bunch of the AT-AT walker decals, gotta be ready for future replacements.

Sponsored

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I'm still waiting for mine to be replaced. I'm coming up on a month since I was told the warranty replacement was approved. I called earlier this week (since I hadn't heard anything from them) and they said the glass is backordered. I guess there are a lot needing replaced.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
We found a local business who does windshield replacements and he's been great (helping my husband with his problematic windshield/rearview mirror) and he got my MOPAR windshield the next day.

SamB0311

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
21 JLU. Less than 1k miles on it and a crack all the way across. Why isn't Jeep addressing tbis?

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
The glass is in. I have an appointment for next Friday afternoon!!!

JennnyB

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Human Resources
I've got about 2400 miles on my 2021 JL. Bummer! Hopefully it's small enough to just get filled.
Jeep Wrangler JL Cracked Windshield Club Jeep stone chi
Sponsored