First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
I got two cracks in less than an hour about 3-4 days after buying my JLUR. Both were repairable. But, I can still see they are there.
Talk about windshields. I recently got a full vertical crack in my motorhome windshield about mid windshield.
That's a 5K windshield and my deductible on it is $500.00. I'll live with that crack.
Sponsored

Buckzona

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU
I didn't know there was such a club, but I'm a member after just 4 months of JL ownership. Had a dime size chip, went to the gym for an hour, and when I came it it was cracked from top to bottom. Now have another small ding that Safelite can't repair due to it being too close to the edge. Any suggestions on DIY repair kits are appreciated.

Zayn2019

First Name
Sammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I knew something was up when I saw a few rocks hit my windshield while driving. I got a crack after owning my Rubicon for only a month.

I believe it’s the way the jeep is built( like a box)

anything I could put on my new windshield to protect like screen protector?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I knew something was up when I saw a few rocks hit my windshield while driving. I got a crack after owning my Rubicon for only a month.

I believe it’s the way the jeep is built( like a box)

anything I could put on my new windshield to protect like screen protector?
Gorilla Glass is available now.

Sponsored

Snazzy4xe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sahara 4xe
Never met a Jeeper that didn’t have to replace at least 1 windshield....hopefully gorilla glass will be the answer..but I doubt it

Datacache

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
My JL windshield will be cracked for a while. I have too many stickers from too many events to attempt to remove them

SShows

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 Nacho
Yep- joined the club. Didn't notice the chip. Turned on the defrost one morning and it cracked about 4 inches. Later that day I touched the windshield with my finger and it cracked another 2 inches. Now it just cracks more when ii heats up from the sun.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Do you put it over your current windshield or is it a windshield substitute?
It is the entire glass. Gorilla Glass is a different type of glass windshield that is suppose to be more durable.

Sponsored

raj21747

First Name
raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R. Enfield500, Suzuki M109, 392XR, 1999 TJ
Joined the club today after 14k miles in a 19 JLUR. I have the advanced safety group. Can anyone confirm if the Gorilla glass is in-fact available for advanced safety group and if yes, can you please share the part number. On last page it says MS68426448AA however i'm unable to locate it.

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
I didn't know there was such a club, but I'm a member after just 4 months of JL ownership. Had a dime size chip, went to the gym for an hour, and when I came it it was cracked from top to bottom. Now have another small ding that Safelite can't repair due to it being too close to the edge. Any suggestions on DIY repair kits are appreciated.
The Rain-x kit on Amazon worked great for me. I literally got another chip the week after getting my first repaired by Safelite. The DIY kit was damn close to the results from Safelite. I carry one with me now all the time. Ironically havent had another in a year since. So I would buy a kit for that alone!

https://www.amazon.com/Rain-X-600001-Windshield-Repair-Kit/dp/B00IPS4APU

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
The Rain-x kit on Amazon worked great for me. I literally got another chip the week after getting my first repaired by Safelite. The DIY kit was damn close to the results from Safelite. I carry one with me now all the time. Ironically havent had another in a year since. So I would buy a kit for that alone!

https://www.amazon.com/Rain-X-600001-Windshield-Repair-Kit/dp/B00IPS4APU
I used the kit on a chip in the windshield of one of our other cars. Worked great. I also am keeping one on hand just in case.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
It's not a club is everyone is in it.

Petition to rename this to Death, Taxes, and Cracked JL windshields.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I know of one that’s on the edge and hasn’t migrated in over a year. So how would one crack it the rest of the way and make it look like a rock did it? Asking for a friend.
Sponsored