Considering Extended Warranty

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU80, 15 WK2, 13 Silverado 1500. Had: 02 TJ
Be careful about a 3rd party extended warranty. My dealer pulled a quick one on me when I asked for the max care mopar warranty and they sold me a 3rd party vehicle protection plan instead. Read the fine print. It was not the same as the mopar. The work could only be done at the dealership that sold it and there were a few other oddities to it. Luckily I caught it and canceled it. And Yes, I will never buy from my local dealer again because this was only 1 of the many shenanigans they played. It's York Automotive in Crawfordsville Indiana.
Sponsored

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
I bought the 5yr warranty from Gupton for about $1200 and now wish I hadn't. After I read it there seems to be an exclusion for just about everything. Even something that breaks because something else was a wear part.

cant wait

First Name
kool beenz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport 2 dr with bells
Occupation
operations
I went thru Fiat/Chrysler $ 1,500 for a 8 year extended. No gimmicks
And yes this a transferable warranty. Upon selling aspects. Good note to work with.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Just got an extended warranty directly from MOPAR on my 2016 Grand Cherokee. Even they recommended not going through any dealership, as they may sell you a third-party warranty, and at an inflated cost so they can turn a profit.

I've had terrible problems with third-party warranties in the past and would never recommend them to anyone. Should you go that route, proceed with caution (and a good attorney).

BobWBristolRI

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC, 2017 JGC, 2020 Wr JL
Occupation
Hard. It’s Work, isn’t it?
Vehicle Showcase
I just made the very same error and had to correct it to get an actual MOPAR MaxCare warranty. Google led me to a dealership site called Chrysler Warranty Direct and sold me a 'Maximum Care' extended warranty product through CR Motors a Chrysler dealership out of Adrian Michigan (obviously not what I wanted or expected.) Actual MOPAR MaxCare and 'Chrysler Warranty Direct are NOT the same thing. I had to dispute the charge and cancel the transaction. Very slippery and difficult. Sharing this because my son-in-law is a dealership tech and (while advised the long haul unlimited mileage MaxCare benefits) flagged the discrepancy and the difference. Stay with the official MOPAR MaxCare product if you can - any dealer, anywhere, anytime. Way better product, better options, better deal. Regards and good hunting. Bob W, Bristol RI

Sponsored

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
With all of the electronics, just getting ready to fail, I wouldn't be without it. But, only the MOPAR POLICIES...

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Willys 4xe, '17 Subaru Crosstrek
Just purchased a Mopar Max Care warranty from Tom Winkels at Hayes Jeep. Excellent price, fast and simple transaction. Highly recommend.

Broncosfan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 1992 Jeep Cherokee
So is the highest mileage you can get with MaxCare 125,000 now?
Does anyone know if you buy the Max Care on a 4xe does it extend the battery coverage to 125,000 instead of the basic 100,000 mile warranty? Just trying to get answers before I buy

PatriotX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe
So is the highest mileage you can get with MaxCare 125,000 now?
Does anyone know if you buy the Max Care on a 4xe does it extend the battery coverage to 125,000 instead of the basic 100,000 mile warranty? Just trying to get answers before I buy
125k is the highest mileage with 8-year coverage available through maxcare.

A 7-year policy is available with Unlimited Mileage.