Sponsored

Color Drama

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I always feel color is a personal preference, you have to like one more than the other in the end when taking into consideration your overall plan (mods, etc.). For me it’s simple, if/when red is an option I check that box and never look back.
Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I b

I blew a rear end on my CJ5 in the middle of nowhere East Central Utah. After a huge struggle I managed to get to a dirt road on the front axle. Had I not , the search crew would have easily spotted a bright Porsche Red Jeep, or purple, orange, yellow or any bright COLOR. Camouflage grays and greens there might be bones and a rusty hulk still undiscovered. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it 😊
Yeah. That's actually so true. Bright colors can definitely save your ass in the middle of nowhere of you're stranded. The new Hi Velocity Yellow is the ultimate be seen color by a long shot. . 💛

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. That’s why this time I got Firecracker Red...after my 2015 JK in Tank green got stuck in 5-ft of snow and had to be recovered.

You can see my Sahara from outer space!
Jeep Wrangler JL Color Drama 1661376268285

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Yup. That’s why this time I got Firecracker Red...after my 2015 JK in Tank green got stuck in 5-ft of snow and had to be recovered.

You can see my Sahara from outer space!
Jeep Wrangler JL Color Drama 1661376268285
This is an awesome picture.

Sponsored

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
Sarge and Tan Interior. Blue is just too bright. Mine shows dust fairly bad. It is a shifty color. Brighter almost olive green in the sun and darker hunter green in the shade. I did color matched everything b/c I don’t like to deal with fading plastics.
Jeep Wrangler JL Color Drama 81383410-17BD-4D57-9A48-ACA96EE3F7E1

Jeep Wrangler JL Color Drama 5A32C1C2-E89A-4D72-AB0A-7039B3982B45

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2dr Sport S
Sarge is a great color. Hydro is not my favorite, well blue vehicles in general. A few have mentioned and if you haven't really looked in person, Firecracker is great. I didn't order mine, but if I did Sarge would probably be it.

Morrepe

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 dr Sarge Green Willys, Soft Top 3.6L MT
This is what I have on order, but with soft top. Sharp looking, especially with Willys’ black accents. Would have gotten tan top though had it been available.

OP
OP
JeeperChris

JeeperChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU owner
Occupation
Cloud Services Engineer
This is what I have on order, but with soft top. Sharp looking, especially with Willys’ black accents. Would have gotten tan top though had it been available.
The Willys pictures I've seen with Sarge is making me reconsider a Sahara now. I just love that look.

Sponsored

Morrepe

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 dr Sarge Green Willys, Soft Top 3.6L MT
The Willys pictures I've seen with Sarge is making me reconsider a Sahara now. I just love that look.
Yeah. I definitely wanted the Willys and when I clicked on Sarge in the configurator, I never really seriously considered another color.

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
I debated between sting gray, sarge green and hydro blue, even considered the red. Went with black and I think I made the right choice. Blue and red are just too bold for me since I don’t want to get too much attention. Gray/black/green can look very cool and tactical, which I like.

Compare some pictures side by side on your computer screen, it may help rule out the less preferred color.

McKenzie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR; 2016 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Education
I didn’t read the replies, but I have few thoughts on your post:

1. I appreciate the concern about ‘showing dirt’ - I bought a civic in grey to help that - BUT, jeeps look good dirty. It’s basically their natural state. I do love to wash mine and see the original color come through, but I really don’t mine the trail badge of honor(even if sometimes it’s not actually from the trail). I can’t say the same for my WRX - jeeps are just different.

2. buy the color you know you really want. I had an orange JKUR, and had no problems unloading it - to then get a Punk’n JLR (also strongly considered Mojito). People (here, and everywhere) wil insist that your color is ‘too loud’, or ‘too boring’, but it’s not their ride. And if you ever decide to get rid of it, someone will want it.

3. the ‘right’ decision is the color matched hard top and black fenders, and I am not biased at all. And I am always right ( just don’t ask my wife. Or friends. Or boss)

So I'm getting ready to order a new Sahara soon... but I'm having a bit of color drama! I cannot decide, and my preferred colors are something I have never had in close a car. Previously every car I bought, it was the options, price and an okay color (almost always neutral gray tones, most I had different was a brown color). This is the first time I get to pick the color in my preferred option.​
So my color choices I want is either Sarge Green or Hydro Blue. What have other owners found for pros/cons of these colors specifically in relation to dust/dirt being more noticeable? Any other pros/cons I should think about in the decision (anecdotal thoughts ok - IE, one might be better resale than another)?​
I really want to stick to these specific colors, I either didnt care for the other colors that are available, or in the case of Reign (or Earl), I am too scared to buy a color without seeing it on a vehicle in person first lol (pics do look awesome though).​
Also of note I am not getting the colored match top, I like the idea of the contrast of black. I think its perfect balance on a Sahara with the fenders painted but the top black (go ahead and disagree, I know I'm right ;) ).​

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
You could offer us forum members free beer if we could agree on a brand and never have to buy a drop. So you are asking us What Color Is Best :whatsgoingon: :CWL::LOL::clap:🍻

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
Whichever color you decide just leave it dirty, using soaking rain showers as a "car wash" now and then. This will give it that "natural" dirty look, no need to worry about paint looking dusty. Problem solved 😆

I used to be completely obsessed with keeping the exteriors clean (I'm still obsessed with keeping interiors spotless...should be interesting with a Wrangler lol). I can't remember the last time I washed any cars I've owned in the past 10 years unless a dealer did a complimentary one after a service visit...and even then I'd sometimes tell them just leave it dirty.

I don't know why I just told you all of this...I should probably be asleep 🙃

All that said, I ended up flipping a coin for my color choice on my order, so coin flip. Best two out of three if you're not happy with the first flip result 😁
Sponsored