Color Drama

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Whichever color you decide just leave it dirty, using soaking rain showers as a "car wash" now and then. This will give it that "natural" dirty look, no need to worry about paint looking dusty. Problem solved 😆

I used to be completely obsessed with keeping the exteriors clean (I'm still obsessed with keeping interiors spotless...should be interesting with a Wrangler lol). I can't remember the last time I washed any cars I've owned in the past 10 years unless a dealer did a complimentary one after a service visit...and even then I'd sometimes tell them just leave it dirty.

I don't know why I just told you all of this...I should probably be asleep 🙃

All that said, I ended up flipping a coin for my color choice on my order, so coin flip. Best two out of three if you're not happy with the first flip result 😁
You forgot one thing—when it rains, run out and sprinkle some “Tide” on it.😁
Sponsored

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
I own both. I have a hydro blue pearl coat Ram and my jeep is sarge green.

We had bought the truck first and I have to say the hydro blue really grew on me and also gets lots of compliments on how beautiful of a truck it is. Showing dirt, it's not bad at all. I didn't want a blue jeep but after seeing a few they do look really good.

All this said I would not take the hydro over my Sarge green on the jeep. I love the sarge green and it looks really good when it's clean in the sun light. Then it is darker in the shade.

If there is anything I don't like about the sarge green is that you are kinda limited on what other colors go with it. Or not depending on the person I guess you could add hot pink if you wanted. Lol

Here's a shot of orig. And after I changed the decals and added some color and diff. Decals.

IMG_20210910_083139.jpg

IMG_20211227_085422.jpg

IMG_20211226_101246.jpg

IMG_20211226_123247.jpg

IMG_20211226_123253.jpg

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
I was between these two as well, my Dad ended up buying Sarge Green and I got Hydro Blue........honestly I would have been happy with either. Hydro Blue definitely needs black top/black wheels to offset the brightness of it a bit. Sarge Green is pretty classic.

2 Jeeps.jpg

Sponsored

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I had a 2015 Rubi in Tank, loved the color. It matches a lot of the terrain where I live too. Sarge is pretty close to Tank, I like it.

CreepyCrepe

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge Green JLUWS, 20 Honda Pilot Elite
Clubs

1. I appreciate the concern about ‘showing dirt’ - I bought a civic in grey to help that - BUT, jeeps look good dirty. It’s basically their natural state. I do love to wash mine and see the original color come through, but I really don’t mine the trail badge of honor(even if sometimes it’s not actually from the trail). I can’t say the same for my WRX - jeeps are just different.
I can agree with this statement... I had a black 21 JT High Altitude in black and I couldn't stand it being dirty. Most common comment on my JT was, "It's too clean to be a Jeep."

That being said, I'm about to put in an order for a 23 JLU Willys Sport in Sarge. Wife has already green lit the purchase of a tan soft top since they killed that option for 23s.

Killer Pickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Wrangler Rubicon XR
Jeep Wrangler JL Color Drama IMG_4703

Something to consider. When you order the Dark Saddle leather trim seats it also replaces the red dash with the grey dash! The tan interior with the grey dash looks incredible. On the jeep build website you can see it. The Sarge Green is awesome! but, I'm a little bias!

Koolkarguy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro blue Jt 2012 Gecko green Jk 2021 Gecko
So I'm getting ready to order a new Sahara soon... but I'm having a bit of color drama! I cannot decide, and my preferred colors are something I have never had in close a car. Previously every car I bought, it was the options, price and an okay color (almost always neutral gray tones, most I had different was a brown color). This is the first time I get to pick the color in my preferred option.​
So my color choices I want is either Sarge Green or Hydro Blue. What have other owners found for pros/cons of these colors specifically in relation to dust/dirt being more noticeable? Any other pros/cons I should think about in the decision (anecdotal thoughts ok - IE, one might be better resale than another)?​
I really want to stick to these specific colors, I either didnt care for the other colors that are available, or in the case of Reign (or Earl), I am too scared to buy a color without seeing it on a vehicle in person first lol (pics do look awesome though).​
Also of note I am not getting the colored match top, I like the idea of the contrast of black. I think its perfect balance on a Sahara with the fenders painted but the top black (go ahead and disagree, I know I'm right ;) ).​
I have a Hydro blue Jt and a 2022 Ram 3500 in the same color i like the color because it sticks out in a crowd but not obnoxious like my 21 Jtr Gecko but it don't shop dirt to bad and it shines awesome in the sun!!!

Sponsored

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wrangler sport s (ordered 3/16/22)
The hydro blue honestly looks so much better in person. It's hard to get the true color in photos. When I ordered mine, my boyfriend was a little skeptical of the color, but he saw it in person and said it actually looks really good. I personally love the hydro blue, but in the end, the decision is entirely yours! Can't wait to see what you go with!

Jeep Wrangler JL Color Drama 20220829_153346_0000

daboink

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Wrangler JL 3.6
Occupation
Design/Builder
Sarge and Tan Interior. Blue is just too bright. Mine shows dust fairly bad. It is a shifty color. Brighter almost olive green in the sun and darker hunter green in the shade. I did color matched everything b/c I don’t like to deal with fading plastics.

This is crazy awesome! It looks great.

mdall22

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
I own both. I have a hydro blue pearl coat Ram and my jeep is sarge green.

We had bought the truck first and I have to say the hydro blue really grew on me and also gets lots of compliments on how beautiful of a truck it is. Showing dirt, it's not bad at all. I didn't want a blue jeep but after seeing a few they do look really good.

All this said I would not take the hydro over my Sarge green on the jeep. I love the sarge green and it looks really good when it's clean in the sun light. Then it is darker in the shade.

If there is anything I don't like about the sarge green is that you are kinda limited on what other colors go with it. Or not depending on the person I guess you could add hot pink if you wanted. Lol

Here's a shot of orig. And after I changed the decals and added some color and diff. Decals.

Can you please share where you found/purchased the decals and the install process? Any general info would be appreciated. I've got a sarge green Jeep coming very soon and want to change out a few of the decals. Great look BTW!

rasphd

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2021 4xe
So I'm getting ready to order a new Sahara soon... but I'm having a bit of color drama! I cannot decide, and my preferred colors are something I have never had in close a car. Previously every car I bought, it was the options, price and an okay color (almost always neutral gray tones, most I had different was a brown color). This is the first time I get to pick the color in my preferred option.​
So my color choices I want is either Sarge Green or Hydro Blue. What have other owners found for pros/cons of these colors specifically in relation to dust/dirt being more noticeable? Any other pros/cons I should think about in the decision (anecdotal thoughts ok - IE, one might be better resale than another)?​
I really want to stick to these specific colors, I either didnt care for the other colors that are available, or in the case of Reign (or Earl), I am too scared to buy a color without seeing it on a vehicle in person first lol (pics do look awesome though).​
Also of note I am not getting the colored match top, I like the idea of the contrast of black. I think its perfect balance on a Sahara with the fenders painted but the top black (go ahead and disagree, I know I'm right ;) ).​
----

Unless you are ex military, Sarge comes off a wanna-be GI Joe **to me**. Just like Yellow = waterproof from the old days of a Sony Walkman. I love the color, but I didn't want to feel like a tool.

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Can you please share where you found/purchased the decals and the install process? Any general info would be appreciated. I've got a sarge green Jeep coming very soon and want to change out a few of the decals. Great look BTW!
The decals are from pixel decals. I believe it's pixaldecals.com.

I ordered them. The owner is great to work with, service is top notch, good price and will make you anything, pretty much.

Install was really easy. My first time. I just watched a couple videos and make sure the area is prepped good, then take your time. The 3 hood decals I did dry and the vent decals have to be done wet because they were 2 piece.

And thanks, I love my decals.
Sponsored