Color Drama

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
Get Sarge and put a matte wrap on it. No worrying about swirls.

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
I would vote Sarge Green with sky one-touch top. When I was debating my Wrangler colors last year, I was all about Hydro Blue until I saw one up close in person. it was way too blue for me, no other way to describe it. Almost a neon blue. I ended up with white and am very happy. But given the choice between only blue and green, I'd go with green and a power roof. Will be much easier on the eyes. But, try and see both colors in person at a Jeep dealer before you make up your mind. The colors you see online just don't give you an accurate picture.

Jeeppaul91

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURXR
Occupation
Real Estate
I would vote Sarge Green with sky one-touch top. When I was debating my Wrangler colors last year, I was all about Hydro Blue until I saw one up close in person. it was way too blue for me, no other way to describe it. Almost a neon blue. I ended up with white and am very happy. But given the choice between only blue and green, I'd go with green and a power roof. Will be much easier on the eyes. But, try and see both colors in person at a Jeep dealer before you make up your mind. The colors you see online just don't give you an accurate picture.
Too blue is the perfect way to describe Hydro.

Sponsored

Morrepe

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 dr Sarge Green Willys, Soft Top 3.6L MT
Don't go Sarge and tan top. I don't see many and I want to keep it that way.:)

20220112_134738.jpg
I tried to do that for mine, but tan top wasn't available for the dealer to order. I got the tan seats, though, for when it becomes available in the aftermarket. That's sharp-looking.

OP
OP
JeeperChris

JeeperChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU owner
Occupation
Cloud Services Engineer
The OP @JeeperChris has had grey vehicles and went “wild” before and had a brown vehicle. Simmer down. LOL.
I know, pretty crazy and wild eh?!! LOL!

My one caution based on the contrasting roof and Sarge color is that I personally think the Sahara grill with the silver accents would look out of place. I think it works much better with Hydro Blue with the contrasting black roof.

Really didn't bother me overall for some reason on either model. It was like another slight touch of contrast as well. I did debate doing a Sport S or Willys to get to what I want instead, however the extra features I wanted, Willys actually cost more, and I would miss out on the same color fender (no big deal tho, I still like the black contrast), 110V, and the included steps. Again, nothing major and I wouldn't mind doing without them, but I test drove both and some reason the Sahara "spoke" to me LOL!

Txphxrider

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Was considering hydro blue, high velocity yellow, and sarge. As much as I like the bright colors, don’t think I could’ve pulled it off. Happy with sarge, doesn’t look ashy when dirty, looks sharp when clean. Got tan leather…combo looks right.
Jeep Wrangler JL Color Drama hydro

Sponsored

Txphxrider

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Was considering hydro blue, high velocity yellow, and sarge. As much as I like the bright colors, don’t think I could’ve pulled it off. Happy with sarge, doesn’t look ashy when dirty, looks sharp when clean. Got tan leather…combo looks right.
Jeep Wrangler JL Color Drama hydro
What are the make and size of these wheels please? Thx. T

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
I believe those are the factory 20" wheels that come on the Altitude package.

mike_g

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 CJ7
I was also between Sarge and Hydro. Ended up letting my son pick the color. No Regrets. The black grill really pops.
Jeep Wrangler JL Color Drama 2022-07-28_19-49-11_501

Jeep Wrangler JL Color Drama 2022-07-28_13-31-07_962

In the end, I made my choice and I haven't even had a second thought or regret.
Unlike @Tethmes I have had many thoughts since coming home... every time I see my Jeep, I like it better and better! :LOL::LOL:

OP
OP
JeeperChris

JeeperChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU owner
Occupation
Cloud Services Engineer
I was also between Sarge and Hydro. Ended up letting my son pick the color. No Regrets. The black grill really pops.

Unlike @Tethmes I have had many thoughts since coming home... every time I see my Jeep, I like it better and better! :LOL::LOL:
That looks really slick in the blackout setup with the Willys option. I love it!

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I b
If I was ordering a 2023 it would be a hard choice between Reign and Earl. I like Reign because it does remind me of Plum Crazy and I'm coming from the Mopar Muscle world have owning multiple Challenger Scat Pack 392s and Chargers. It's definitely in your face. And probably won't come back for awhile.

But since it's a Jeep I lean more towards Earl. It's got more of that outdoorsy feel vibe. And it is new and unique. Also being a light grey with a hint of something in the paint it changes color depending on lighting. It's kind of polarizing. It would be a tough choice.
I blew the rear end on my CJ5 in the middle of nowhere East Central Utah. After a huge struggle I managed to get to a dirt road on the front axle. Had I not , the search crew would have easily spotted a bright Porsche Red Jeep, or purple, orange, yellow or any bright COLOR. Camouflage grays and greens there might be bones and a rusty hulk still undiscovered. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it 😊
Sponsored

Last edited: