Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
Do you think Earl needs the black grill though? Some colors look better with it some without it? šŸ¤”
Well seeing as I'm getting matching flares & hard top, and I didn't bother with the satin black grille, I'll be sure to post pictures and let y'all know when I get mine? šŸ™ˆ
Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Well seeing as I'm getting matching flares & hard top, and I didn't bother with the satin black grille, I'll be sure to post pictures and let y'all know when I get mine? šŸ™ˆ
What's your build?

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Courage Man- get the purple, it will likely stand out more with the black. I was torn between hydro and snazzy, snazzy looked better with the contrasting black but NA on 392ā€™s so hydro it is. By far the most common compliment I get is ā€œthatā€™s a beautiful colorā€, but had reign been available?? Probably, it will likely be a short run and rare ( and as close to plum crazy as weā€™re going to get)

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher

rlmlive

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
Both are great colors and Sarge was on my list along with Snazzleberry, but I went with Hydro. Yes, it stands out, but Jeeps are supposed to be fun. On mine, I chose the black top and black fenders to help tone it down a little bit.

The nice thing about Hydro is that it will be very easy to find your Jeep in the parking lot. The bad thing about it is that everyone you know will say, hey I saw your Jeep at (insert random place) today.

Itā€™s a great color, I would choose it again.

Jeep Wrangler JL Color Drama 242CBA14-A076-4D04-80FF-2CA5554C633E

Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Hydro! All the way. This color wasnā€™t even on my radar when I was Jeep shopping but it is gorgeous. The sparkly flecks are amazing. It does show scratches so careful with that. But the blue changes in different lighting. I get compliments on it every day.
Hereā€™s a couple pics of how the color changes.

How's that 392 holding up?
Rear tires bald yet?? šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I respect Sarge for histories sake, otherwise, it is hideous.

Hydro is amazing and you get the benefit of it being 10 different shades depending on lighting. Be advised, if you do get Hydro, be prepared for non-stop compliments from complete strangers. If that concerns you, I would avoid Hydro and the compliments and get a non-color (black, white, any of the 60 shades of grey/silver offered).

Hydro was fairly rare around here until a few months ago, sadly I'm seeing more and more of them every day. I would prefer for it to remain rare.

Pick the paint that speaks to you.

Laika

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee, 2019 Ram 3500
Debating the same colors as the OP. Wife is set that a Jeep needs to be a bold color and wants Hydro Blue... I am not sure I can mod a blue jeep and be happy with it and leaning towards Sarge, plus I think Sarge looks better with the bronze accents of the 392.

Already have an order in for blue... but in the back of my head I keep thinking I need to have the dealer swap to Sarge. (It is at a stage color can still be changed).

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeeperChris

JeeperChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU owner
Occupation
Cloud Services Engineer
Courage Man- get the purple, it will likely stand out more with the black. I was torn between hydro and snazzy, snazzy looked better with the contrasting black but NA on 392ā€™s so hydro it is. By far the most common compliment I get is ā€œthatā€™s a beautiful colorā€, but had reign been available?? Probably, it will likely be a short run and rare ( and as close to plum crazy as weā€™re going to get)
Lol not enough courage. The fact I'm considering hydro Blue is quite a leap for me!

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
If I was ordering a 2023 it would be a hard choice between Reign and Earl. I like Reign because it does remind me of Plum Crazy and I'm coming from the Mopar Muscle world have owning multiple Challenger Scat Pack 392s and Chargers. It's definitely in your face. And probably won't come back for awhile.

But since it's a Jeep I lean more towards Earl. It's got more of that outdoorsy feel vibe. And it is new and unique. Also being a light grey with a hint of something in the paint it changes color depending on lighting. It's kind of polarizing. It would be a tough choice.

Jeeppaul91

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURXR
Occupation
Real Estate
I get a lot of compliments on my Sarge Willys. I rarely see Sarge or Hydro Jeeps around town. Either way you will be the guy with the ā€œgreenā€ or ā€very very blueā€ Jeep.

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
Good luck OPā€¦ I agonized for a few years before finally picking Sarge. I donā€™t like it with the red Rubicon stickers but looks great as a Sahara, 392, or the Willys I saw that made me pull the trigger and buy my 4xe. Agree with others that Earl would be tempting right now. Would also highly recommend the sky one touch top if you havenā€™t already considered it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Color Drama 3EFBC630-A0AC-4E22-91AC-EADF8D4E1635
Jeep Wrangler JL Color Drama D83DE274-EA61-42AE-837C-2B48DAC12741

OldMarine

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Full disclosure; I own a Sarge JLUW and love it!

The OP @JeeperChris has had grey vehicles and went ā€œwildā€ before and had a brown vehicle. Simmer down. LOL.

I love the way Hydro Blue looks, but based on all your previous vehicles are you going to want to actually own & live with a bright color everyday for a long time? Probably not!

Sarge is great because itā€™s a color but, itā€™s a muted/understated color, not a GOOD MORNING PLEASE DRIVE ME color. (Make no mistake, awesome colored Jeeps rock. If I was ordering today Iā€™d be having a battle between Sarge and Reign.)

My one caution based on the contrasting roof and Sarge color is that I personally think the Sahara grill with the silver accents would look out of place. I think it works much better with Hydro Blue with the contrasting black roof.

Good luck with your decision.
Sponsored