First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
We even have the same color Jeep!

Looks great! I think a pair of ambers up front is a good idea, particularly here, where heavy fog is common. I‘m thinking of converting the factory fog lights to brighter ambers.

The AAL fender kit looks great too. I‘ve been sitting on the fence on that purchase, but I think I’ll pull the trigger on that kit and the inner liners if I’m feeling flush this spring.

My brother also has a set of small LEDs mounted on his roof rack that light up the area on both sides of the Jeep. It’s helpful to have that light facing down at camp and, when his bat wing awning is deployed and the sides are up, it will light the interior of the tent.
Heres a great set of ambers that'll replace the factory fogs, and they are purposely designed to be on road friendly for use amongst other travelers.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Squadron-R-SAE-Pair-LED-Wide-Cornering-Amber.asp
Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
are these a direct bolt on factory replacement ?
The link of mine that you quoted, was of the lights that fit what the other member was looking for.

There's a couple of different mounting plates for the fog lights. LED's and halogens have a different mounting pattern, and the same with the Mopar steel vs plastic bumper. You need the specific plate for the combo you're using. I dug a bit deeper and found the exact JL fog pocket replacement kit. You just have to choose light color and what model jeep you have.
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Jeep-JL-SportSport-S-Squadron-R-SAE-Fog-Pocket-Kits.asp

raz-rubicon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL Choosing off-road lights 1611066618636

Here is a good image that shows the different mounts used in the different bumpers.

Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I just installed a pair Rigid 360 6" driving lights on my Warn bumper and these are insanely bright! I might put a pair of Rigid 360 4" spots on the bull bar just because :)
I also have the 6" lights on my bumper. Did you wire up the LED backlighting? If so, where did you wire them to?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I also have the 6" lights on my bumper. Did you wire up the LED backlighting? If so, where did you wire them to?

I have not wired up the backlighting as after installing to get proper position on the Warn bumper, I removed the lights to have the Rigid brackets powder coated black. (They come raw stainless) When I reinstall I plan to wire the backlighting to the daytime running lights...Will still be a couple of weeks before I circle back to this project, but will post with pictures afterwards!

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
I have the factory LEDs and thought they were pretty good. Then I installed 2 Baja Design LP6s on the bumper and they are amazingly bright. Makes off roading at night so much easier. Also added BD backup lights and they also work great. Then swapped out the factory LED fog lights with the amber BD SAEs. They’re not really any brighter than the factory lights but the amber is nice and they’re street legal. This is all the lighting I’ll ever need. Well, maybe some rock lights would be nice.

04F93228-5231-43F5-9088-905AA0065FFB.jpeg

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Well, maybe some rock lights would be nice.
My rear bumper had spots to mount two rock lights, which left me with two extra ones, so I stuck them at the bottom of the front fenders to use as puddle lights.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I just installed a pair Rigid 360 6" driving lights on my Warn bumper and these are insanely bright! I might put a pair of Rigid 360 4" spots on the bull bar just because :)
Pics?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX

Will do when I reinstall, took off to have stainless mounting brackets powder coated black-also have to make proper wiring harness and not the temporary connection I did for testing.

Likely won't be for a couple weeks as next weekends project is installing new Ultimate Dana 44 w/4.88's in the front...
Sponsored