Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
Decisions, decisions! Truth be told I know which direction I am going with off road lighting, but thought this might help a few people with a place to start. I’d love to hear if you agree or disagree or if you have had a good or bad experience with certain lights, mounting positions, or anything related to the topic.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Ive has a great experience with the Rough Country (RC) hood mounted LED bar. It’s really all I need in terms of Auxiliary exterior lighting. Albeit I would like to get some cube lights on the back owners eventually.

EDIT:

Just got done watching your video, good job! Very informative and I actually did learn some things!

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ive has a great experience with the Rough Country (RC) hood mounted LED bar. It’s really all I need in terms of Auxiliary exterior lighting. Albeit I would like to get some cube lights on the back owners eventually.

EDIT:

Just got done watching your video, good job! Very informative and I actually did learn some things!
Thanks for checking it out, and glad it was helpful. Through the overhead shot I learned my Hi-lift is blocking a bit more light than I thought and my fog lights are being slightly blocked by my winch hook in the D-ring. Time to change things up I suppose!

Great to hear you have had good luck with the hood light bar. I had some halogen KC lights on my first JKUR A pillars and always had some glare on the hood. I was worried I may have the same issue here, especially with a white Jeep.

I just want lights and lights and lights. So many mods on the list!

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for checking it out, and glad it was helpful. Through the overhead shot I learned my Hi-lift is blocking a bit more light than I thought and my fog lights are being slightly blocked by my winch hook in the D-ring. Time to change things up I suppose!

Great to hear you have had good luck with the hood light bar. I had some halogen KC lights on my first JKUR A pillars and always had some glare on the hood. I was worried I may have the same issue here, especially with a white Jeep.

I just want lights and lights and lights. So many mods on the list!
Wow I didn’t realize how terrible my auto correct was on my last post until I read it when you quoted it haha

Yeah the hood mount on a white JL might be a bit too much.. or so I’ve heard. I’m in a Granite Crystal Metalic and it’s not bad at all.

That overhead shot was pretty cool! You’ve definitely got some great coverage in terms of lighting. I want some cube lights for the rear on both corners. The problem is that I have a soft top and I’ve only seen people do it with hard tops.. like the image in your video they had a hard top..

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wow I didn’t realize how terrible my auto correct was on my last post until I read it when you quoted it haha

Yeah the hood mount on a white JL might be a bit too much.. or so I’ve heard. I’m in a Granite Crystal Metalic and it’s not bad at all.

That overhead shot was pretty cool! You’ve definitely got some great coverage in terms of lighting. I want some cube lights for the rear on both corners. The problem is that I have a soft top and I’ve only seen people do it with hard tops.. like the image in your video they had a hard top..
Thank you! I dictate sometimes and between fat fingers and that it’s a miracle I get my point across! I swear I saw a bracket or something that was attached to the tailgate/tire carrier that was set up for lights-that might work for you.
Sponsored