Not open for further replies.

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
This thread is in the toilet. Move it to one of the other forums.

[Edit: Oh, nevermind. Just happened while I was reading it. :facepalm:]
Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
The reason there is an FCA instead of Chrysler rests with the previous administrations insistence that Chrysler sell a minority share to Fiat as part of a taxpayer funded bailout...Part of the Obama administrations bailout of Chrysler included Fiat buying a 20% stake in Chrysler with provisions to increase it to 35% if they met certain government proposed MPG standards. Also part of this taxpayer funded bailout package was a 55% stake in Chrysler given to Auto Union...which later sold their stake to Fiat...Government intervention at it's finest.
I could have my timing wrong but the bailout of Chrysler was in 2009 and the structure of that bailout was formulated and implemented under the Bush administration. I believe that it was already in place when Obama took office but I could be wrong about that.

but, it is certainly fair to say that the reason why an entity with Chrysler in the name exists at all is because of the bailout that chrysler received in 2009.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I could have my timing wrong but the bailout of Chrysler was in 2009 and the structure of that bailout was formulated and implemented under the Bush administration. I believe that it was already in place when Obama took office but I could be wrong about that.

but, it is certainly fair to say that the reason why an entity with Chrysler in the name exists at all is because of the bailout that chrysler received in 2009.

Nope, 100% Obama Administration on this deal. I have no problem with stepping in to save a critical American manufacture but the terms of the deal were ludicrous...

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
"Men In Black " said,, " If you want the Truth , read the Tabloids" At least that link states its purpose, as a blog, opinions , not necessarily facts. But, that describes most media now, they are NOT reporting just the facts, but creating an alternate reality as they gauge audience response. Goebbels' Master Class has graduated...as a side note, Google is using location data to see if people are adhering to "stay at home, social distancing" mandates. Cell phone location data, ditto.
The Surveillance State has come into its true purpose and design now, any expectations of privacy have been shredded for the " good of the many".

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Men In Black " said,, " If you want the Truth , read the Tabloids" At least that link states its purpose, as a blog, opinions , not necessarily facts. But, that describes most media now, they are NOT reporting just the facts, but creating an alternate reality as they gauge audience response. Goebbels' Master Class has graduated...as a side note, Google is using location data to see if people are adhering to "stay at home, social distancing" mandates. Cell phone location data, ditto.
The Surveillance State has come into its true purpose and design now, any expectations of privacy have been shredded for the " good of the many".

Sad but true...However 'Big Brother is Watching' is now 'Big Tech is Watching'...and those who control 'Big Tech' are not necessarily friends of America, our freedoms or values.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Nope, 100% Obama Administration on this deal. I have no problem with stepping in to save a critical American manufacture but the terms of the deal were ludicrous...
Do you have a link? I am quite sure that the original bailout package in 2009 was under Bush.
https://publicpolicy.wharton.upenn.edu/live/news/1779-a-reflection-on-the-2009-american-auto-bailout

But there may well have been changes or adds to it under Obama. The only thing I can find is that the Obama admin did, in fact add fuel standards to the package as you say. Link?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a link? I am quite sure that the original bailout package in 2009 was under Bush.
https://publicpolicy.wharton.upenn.edu/live/news/1779-a-reflection-on-the-2009-american-auto-bailout

But there may well have been changes or adds to it under Obama. The only thing I can find is that the Obama admin did, in fact add fuel standards to the package as you say. Link?

Bush did announce the Government would step in to assist the the auto industry and prevent them and America from a catastrophic manufacturing loss, however the terms changed drastically under the Obama administration...and not for the good.

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
Coupla things here:
Nicolazzo is a self-published American writer of children's books, cookbooks and short stories, though he does predominantly write about Italy. Even though I am a teacher of literature, I had to look him up, as I had never heard of him.

The AIM Network, by its own description, is a blog site. It presents neither verified information nor peer review. It is the Wikipedia of the Aussy journalism world.

Stand Up America US is absolutely a nut job site, spewing nothing but unfounded (and certainly unsupported by any verifiable means) far right wing rubbish. The "poster" of this particular bit of offal, Paul Vallely, also the chairman and founder (and possibly only contributor), has shared and spewed nothing but fascist tripe of the first order since her retired from the Army (unfortunate to think that a man of such skewed views once commanded the brave and valuable men and women of our armed forces).
But, hey, that's just my opinion.
bravo, bravo, well stated
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.