Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

A bit of a long story but finally got my idiot lights to stay off. Took my JLR into my local dealer because I had both the check engine light and electronic stability control light constantly on. I also wanted them to straighten the steering wheel as it was at 10 o'clock when driving straight.

First visit they simply reset the idiot lights and told me they couldn't touch the steering under warranty because I had installed an aftermarket steering stabilizer. They said to put the OEM stock stabilizer on and they would check out the steering.

Anyways immediately after leaving the dealer, the idiot lights came on again. Several weeks later I get a text from the dealer asking if I'm still having an issue and I said yes. They said drop it off at your convenience and we will squeeze it in. I was waiting because I hadn't reinstalled the OEM stabilizer but decided to bring it in anyways and get the idiot light issue resolved.

A half day in the shop and they called and said all fixed... steering wheel aligned to 12 o'clock and idiot lights not coming back on. Turned out the misaligned steering wheel was causing the ESC light to trip. Best part was my procrastination in putting back on the stock stabilizer... saved me from two uninstalls/installs since they convinced themselves that wasn't involved and they could do a warranty repair without FCA fuss!

Love my dealer both sales and service departments. Hope I don't jinx myself but so far they are the best I have ever dealt with in 40+ years.

A shout out to West Hills Jeep in Bremerton, WA.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That BS that they couldn’t touch the Jeep because of the aftermarket steering stabilizer sounds just like my local dealer here in Bellingham.

Sorry, but that’s a bunch of crock. So I take my business 30 miles down to Burlington; they don’t care about any of my mods.

Glad they came to their senses and fixed it for you. That’s more than I can expect from my local Jeep dealer.

Jeep Wrangler JL CEL and ESC dealer fix - Yeah! 5D467A30-936F-4F8B-AF9F-5A9C0C530BF1

OP
OP
dragoneggs

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

That BS that they couldn’t touch the Jeep because of the aftermarket steering stabilizer sounds just like my local dealer here in Bellingham.

Sorry, but that’s a bunch of crock. So I take my business 30 miles down to Burlington; they don’t care about any of my mods.

Glad they came to their senses and fixed it for you. That’s more than I can expect from my local Jeep dealer.

Jeep Wrangler JL CEL and ESC dealer fix - Yeah! 5D467A30-936F-4F8B-AF9F-5A9C0C530BF1
On the first visit I talked to the service manager about mods because I was thinking the same thing. He was actually pretty cool about it and said that if they go down the road with tweaking the steering and it turns out there was a problem with the stabilizer they ran the risk of getting sideways with FCA. They were not familiar with what I had installed.

He said they do warranty repairs on all kinds of modded vehicles. I asked about Tazer JL's... he said no problem and you don't need to remove it to bring it in as long as the warranty issue didn't involve it.

I told him I put the aftermarket stab on there to help with the wander and proceeded to introduce him to the Exact Center stabilizer that returns to center unlike other stabilizers. He took notes and said he would check them out. I think he did.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
You could have straightened that up yourself pretty quick.

Do you have a lift?

OP
OP
dragoneggs

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

You could have straightened that up yourself pretty quick.

Do you have a lift?
Unfortunately, no. On my bucket list... adding a high bay and lift to my 2 car detached garage.

Anyways, since under warranty and it was delivered wonky, I wanted the dealer to handle.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Unfortunately, no. On my bucket list... adding a high bay and lift to my 2 car detached garage.

Anyways, since under warranty and it was delivered wonky, I wanted the dealer to handle.
Right, I meant a lift kit, on your Jeep.

OP
OP
dragoneggs

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Right, I meant a lift kit, on your Jeep.
Oops... Roger that. No, but thinking a 1.5in Clayton lift for me rubi 2dr and 35s.
Sponsored