Sponsored

Dealer charging to FIX steering

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I've got a 2018 sahara that has had a little play in the steering since day 1. I've got about a 1 inch dead spot in the center and always have to do a little correction while driving. Now I know the steering isn't great on wranglers but the dead spot isn't a normal thing to have. I finally took it in to the dealer today to replace passenger seat frame and I told them to check the steering box for the dead spot but the service advisor wants to charge me $145 to look at it since it's not covered under warranty when jeeps are lifted. I had the lift put on about 2 months ago but the dead spot was always there. Can the rep deny my warranty claim due to lift even though there's a tsb on the steering box?
Sponsored

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon in Ocean Blue Metallic
I feel for you, but that is definitely the case. Once you lift your Jeep with any kind of aftermarket kit, IE non-Mopar, they will refuse to warrant anything to do with steering and suspension. Do you complain previous to this? Or is this the first time? If it’s the first complaint they have no way of knowing it occurred before. You lifted the Jeep.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I've got a 2018 sahara that has had a little play in the steering since day 1. I've got about a 1 inch dead spot in the center and always have to do a little correction while driving. Now I know the steering isn't great on wranglers but the dead spot isn't a normal thing to have. I finally took it in to the dealer today to replace passenger seat frame and I told them to check the steering box for the dead spot but the service advisor wants to charge me $145 to look at it since it's not covered under warranty when jeeps are lifted. I had the lift put on about 2 months ago but the dead spot was always there. Can the rep deny my warranty claim due to lift even though there's a tsb on the steering box?
There are several examples of dealers denying steering warranty in the main steering thread due to aftermarket parts at https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ering-feels-like-it-has-play-and-drifts.3691/

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
All depends on the dealer honestly, biggest piece of advice don’t go in with it right off of a trail it won’t help your cause. Lot of grey areas but majority of dealers you hear will deny warranty..
Sponsored