YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Was driving home today and upon acceleration, I felt a jolt and the CEL and ESC lights came on, along with a Vehicle will shut off soon warning. I was less than a mile from home, so I limped it to my house. Waiting on Chrysler roadside to get back to me.

Anyone seen a similar issue before? 2018 JLU Sahara 3.6 with LSD. Sorry for the blurry pic.

Jeep Wrangler JL Vehicle will shut off soon - CEL and ESC lights on IMG_0166
Sponsored

OP
OP
YippieKiYayMrFalcon

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am not sure mine is the same issue a lot are reporting in that thread. A lot seem to claim ESS problems, but I didn't get a battery light or a ESS light. My CEL and Electronic Stability Control lights came on, which I didn't see in anyone else's pictures.

These are the codes that are showing. I recently switched my headlights and tail lights over to LED, so I think that is why the light codes are being triggered.

Jeep Wrangler JL Vehicle will shut off soon - CEL and ESC lights on IMG_0167.PNG
Jeep Wrangler JL Vehicle will shut off soon - CEL and ESC lights on IMG_0168.PNG

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara
That is what mine did other day. Stalled at. Light on me too. I took to dealer and said bad MAP sensor. Change map sensor on mine June 2019 too. So I don’t think that will fix it this time either. Had back for a week ok so far but worked for few months last time too. You ever figure out what problem was with yours. Thanks

OP
OP
YippieKiYayMrFalcon

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That is what mine did other day. Stalled at. Light on me too. I took to dealer and said bad MAP sensor. Change map sensor on mine June 2019 too. So I don’t think that will fix it this time either. Had back for a week ok so far but worked for few months last time too. You ever figure out what problem was with yours. Thanks
So this damn saga is still going on, but I think I’m close to a resolution. It’s at the second dealer now. The first had it for 8 weeks, replaced both batteries and the starter. It made it 45 minutes home then crapped out on me again.

I had it taken to a different dealer and they said they are replacing something with the transmission electronics. I’ll let you know when I see the paper work. I’m out of town though and won’t pick it up until Monday.
Sponsored