Sponsored

CB Antenna Mount Needed!

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport

So wait.....how did you attach the entire assembly? By bolting a RAM ball on to the decorative allen head in the passenger grab handle?

So that factory allen bolt is actually a bolt and not just a decorative glued-on piece?

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
The Crome cap bolt is very short and Is for looks only. Remove and see. I removed it and drilled it out a little and used a new Crome cap bolt that is much longer.Don't over drill.

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Crome cap bolt is very short and Is for looks only. Remove and see. I removed it and drilled it out a little and used a new Crome cap bolt that is much longer.Don't over drill.
Gotcha. It looked a bit too much like pot metal to be a useful bolt.

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
For you guys that are using the Uniden CMX 560, how and where did you mount the "brain" box? picture of the location would help - I'm planning on installing this unit later this week but there's not much space in the passenger footwell so I'm hoping to see some ideas here.

Sponsored

CoolTech

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
For you guys that are using the Uniden CMX 560, how and where did you mount the "brain" box? picture of the location would help - I'm planning on installing this unit later this week but there's not much space in the passenger footwell so I'm hoping to see some ideas here.
We recently installed one in a friend's JL. Remove the glovebox (quite easy) and then there space on the upper right side. We place a piece of foam around the brain and then more or less wedged it into a location on the upper right side. The mic cord was plenty long enough for this position. Also, if you have the Aux switches, the wires are right there in the passenger side kick panel. We used the blue wire (Aux Switch 4) and used one of the grounding lugs behind the kick panel. Hope that helps.

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
We recently installed one in a friend's JL. Remove the glovebox (quite easy) and then there space on the upper right side. We place a piece of foam around the brain and then more or less wedged it into a location on the upper right side. The mic cord was plenty long enough for this position. Also, if you have the Aux switches, the wires are right there in the passenger side kick panel. We used the blue wire (Aux Switch 4) and used one of the grounding lugs behind the kick panel. Hope that helps.

Thanks!

nota4re

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-door Rubi
Question. Why would you need Aux 4 to be used? Wouldn't the CB just turn on and off at the handheld unit.
Sure, but somehow you need to connect it to power. Aux 4 in this case is just acting as a power source. It's kind of neat because in the set-up screen you can configure the switch to remember its last state. As such, you can set it up so that the CB turns on and off with the ignition - or not.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Sure, but somehow you need to connect it to power. Aux 4 in this case is just acting as a power source. It's kind of neat because in the set-up screen you can configure the switch to remember its last state. As such, you can set it up so that the CB turns on and off with the ignition - or not.
Got it thanks. Didn’t know that.

Sponsored

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just put in the Cooltech mount. Very easy instal, and thought out quite well.

rYiX2ovl.jpg

The mount doesn't come with a hangar, so you have to supply your own. Being I have a Midland 75-822 (GREAT little radio BTW) it has a belt clip and no provision to mount a button on the back. So I put the button on the Cooltech bracket, and a cheapo truck stop stick on hangar on the bracket. Totally not a permanent solution, but it will work until I figure something else out. (Like drilling a hole in the radio to mount the button.

9APxOMFl.jpg

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
I also ordered the Cooltech kit and I am quite happy with the results. The exterior mount works perfect and looks good and the interior mount is great.

klaffey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Does anyone have a contact number for Kendall at Cooltech? I ordered the JL CB Kit and I got a package that clearly wasn’t the kit. Looks more like a tent pole and some kind of baffle. I have been calling the phone number listed on their website and it is never answered and does not allow you to leave a message. I have also emailed Kendall with no response. Really starting to question Cooltec as a part/service provider.

klaffey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Contents of what I was sent. Supposed to be a JL CB All in ! Cobra Kit - Antenna Color/Length 4’ Black.

image.jpg

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
Does anyone have a contact number for Kendall at Cooltech? I ordered the JL CB Kit and I got a package that clearly wasn’t the kit. Looks more like a tent pole and some kind of baffle. I have been calling the phone number listed on their website and it is never answered and does not allow you to leave a message. I have also emailed Kendall with no response. Really starting to question Cooltec as a part/service provider.
@CoolTech
Sponsored