DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've got my Cooltech mount on the rear for my CB, and it works great. Now I'm also mounting a Midland GMRS radio and am looking to mount the antenna on the fender. I've got one for my JK, but unfortunately, the hood/fender joint is not the same as on the JK. Are any vendors looking at developing a similar antenna mount?
Sponsored

Woosch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2018 Dodge Durango SRT
Any luck? I’m in the same situation, have the cool tech for the CB and now trying to figure out where for the GMRS...

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Any luck? I’m in the same situation, have the cool tech for the CB and now trying to figure out where for the GMRS...
I've got my Cooltech mount on the rear for my CB, and it works great. Now I'm also mounting a Midland GMRS radio and am looking to mount the antenna on the fender. I've got one for my JK, but unfortunately, the hood/fender joint is not the same as on the JK. Are any vendors looking at developing a similar antenna mount?
I'm selling the passenger side bracket if either of you are interested? It works perfectly! They're the MOPAR A Pillar brackets.

IMG_1380.jpg

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm selling the passenger side bracket if either of you are interested? It works perfectly! They're the MOPAR A Pillar brackets.

IMG_1380.jpg
That's a great mount, but I've got a light going in that particular spot on a different kind of mount. I really can't believe someone hasn't come up with a mounting solution for either the fender, like the JK, or the bolts you tapped into on the bottom of that cowl piece. Besides, like you, I'd want it on the driver side.

Thanks!

Woosch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

IMG_1380.jpg
Thanks! But, like DanW I already have a Artec double cube mount coming that will use the same spot for install... I am going to see if I can modify the Artec mount to allow for adding the antenna in some way.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! But, like DanW I already have a Artec double cube mount coming that will use the same spot for install... I am going to see if I can modify the Artec mount to allow for adding the antenna in some way.
I actually have a mount that is a stainless steel puck that puts the light right on top of it. I'm hoping someone comes out with an antenna mount that uses one or two of those lower acessory bolt holes. If not, I'm going to design one and have a metal shop fabricate it. If it works well, who knows, I may start a new business! Lol! I don't think this will be too hard. Stay tuned! (I just have to find time in my busy work schedule.)

Woosch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think we are both heading in a similar direction. I just need to receive my Artec mounts so I can see if my idea will work.

Brad1927

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara Turbo

IMG_1380.jpg
Hey, I've been looking for an antenna mount. Are you still trying to sell the passenger side one? If so, do most CB antennas just screw/bolt right on to this mount? Thanks.

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Hey, I've been looking for an antenna mount. Are you still trying to sell the passenger side one? If so, do most CB antennas just screw/bolt right on to this mount? Thanks.
Hey, yes I am. If you're interested I can send you the links for the antenna, coax cable and "stud" i ordered to use with this bracket. Perfectly tuned the first try. 1.1 on channel 40 and 1.2 on channel 1. Let me know! Thanks!
Sponsored