First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Hello All! I'm looking for a mounting solution similar to the one I had on my JKU (see attached pic). Has anyone came up with a solution? Unfortunately the manufacturer who made the bracket I had for my JK doesn't make them for the JL yet. Please let me know if you have another solution. Thanks in advance!

38616977772_d19fbeacc0_h.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepin_Donnie

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Benefits Manager
OP
OP
Jeepin_Donnie

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Thank you for the link but that's the same mount I had on my JK..................I'm not sure why they state that it will work for the JL? Unfortunately it won't. I removed it from my JK before trading it in, so I'll double check tonight to ensure it won't work.
It's confirmed, unfortunately the fit is not even close.

IMG_0885.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepin_Donnie

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Benefits Manager
So I pulled the trigger on these Mopar A Pillar Light Mounts. https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/pillar-light-brackets-jeep-wrangler-jl

I will use the driver's side bracket and will sell the passenger side one. Let me know if anyone is interested! ;)

There is a couple who ordered these and are using them on their his/her rigs. Here is a video where you can see how they were used to mount their CB antennas.

I went with these brackets because they're made/designed by Mopar, they look good and they are definitely sturdy and will make an excellent mount. Thoughts?!

darkcheff

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I like that idea alot and have thought about it. They look like you could mount the anttena and a light with out issues.

RockinMarine

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL, Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired Marine/ Techician for Disney
How did you get that kitto fit ?? I ordered one and had to return it because it did not fit. And 4wheelparts called extreme terrain and thier engineers confirmed on thier JL this kit could not be installed.
So if you installed this on a JL. Please share the install.

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
How did you get that kitto fit ?? I ordered one and had to return it because it did not fit. And 4wheelparts called extreme terrain and thier engineers confirmed on thier JL this kit could not be installed.
So if you installed this on a JL. Please share the install.
I haven't installed it. I won't be ordering a JL until the 2019 order bank opens up. I just found it on Rugged Ridge website where it's listed to fit the JL. I would be a bit curious to why it didn't fit. The mounting setup looks almost identical to the JK but if it doesn't fit that's good info to have before ordering.

Sponsored

Jeepers333

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
2018-08-31-19-05-33.jpg
]I just finished my install of the Rugged Ridge Multiplexor kit on my 2018 JL today. More challenging than they show in the JK install video. Had to stuff the miltiplexor under the passenger glovebox. Not pretty. After extending the FS2 antenna extender past its limit with a 2.5 SWR I replaced it with a 3" stainless bolt of identical threads and got SWR down to 1:1.1. Tested on AM/FM and 27MHz, no issues. Works great!

RockinMarine

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
2018-08-31-19-05-33.jpg
]I just finished my install of the Rugged Ridge Multiplexor kit on my 2018 JL today. More challenging than they show in the JK install video. Had to stuff the miltiplexor under the passenger glovebox. Not pretty. After extending the FS2 antenna extender past its limit with a 2.5 SWR I replaced it with a 3" stainless bolt of identical threads and got SWR down to 1:1.1. Tested on AM/FM and 27MHz, no issues. Works great!
Are you saying you removed the brass adjusting bolt on the end of the ant and used a stainless bolt ?
Im having an issue of 2.5 vswr on my ant as well.

RockinMarine

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have always suspected my antenna. now I am sure it is. I am going to do the same thing. Im sure Ill get my VSWR down to 1.1. Thanks for the info

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
2018-08-31-19-05-33.jpg
So the RR kit does work with the JL? That's good news.
Sponsored