CoolTech

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Thanks for asking..... will share some pics here (now) in advance of thread announcing availability/pre-order. Production is in progress and will be entirely stainless steel including mount hardware. Testing complete for Rubicon with OEM spare, with 35" Mopar Beadlocker, and 35" Mopar Beadlocker with Mopar tailgate reinforcement kit.

Web1.jpg

Web2.jpg
Sponsored

shotcoach

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks for asking..... will share some pics here (now) in advance of thread announcing availability/pre-order. Production is in progress and will be entirely stainless steel including mount hardware. Testing complete for Rubicon with OEM spare, with 35" Mopar Beadlocker, and 35" Mopar Beadlocker with Mopar tailgate reinforcement kit.

Web1.jpg

Web2.jpg

That is awesome! When will they be available???

NEO Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Good write up on how to run the antenna cable but you missed the mark on basic antenna functionality. All antennas need a ground plane and need to be up and away from surrounding metal body parts to effectively send the signal out without having it sent back to the radio, also known as high standing wave ratio (SWR). The rear glass with the defroster grid acts like a grounded sheet of chicken wire screen because even when it is turned off the lines are all connected to ground. The only way to get around that is to have a metallic mount that extends above the glass or use a front fender or front bumper mounting location. That applies to all CB, ham or commercial radio mounts. Radio frequency radiation is not good for humans and the antenna should be as far from you as you can get it, even at low power levels. The other item to consider on the JL Wranglers is that many body panels are now aluminum, tailgate magnesium and aluminum and use of a regular steel brackets will cause advanced oxidation and deterioration of the body panel. Best practice would be to use only stainless steel brackets and hardware to make the mount last the longest with the least amount of weather and winter salt damage.

txbonds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
Vehicle Showcase

Web1.jpg

Web2.jpg
This using existing holes or require drilling. Couldn’t tell but looks like it’s using existing bolt holes in the bracket.

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
This using existing holes or require drilling. Couldn’t tell but looks like it’s using existing bolt holes in the bracket.
It looks like to me it uses the existing bolt holes for the tailgate hinges. That requires some cracking of the factory paint to get the bolts off? I guess no paint needs to be scraped off the Jeep as the bolt runs through the unpainted bolt holes making metal contact to the body there.

Sponsored

Rubi Blue

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Cherokee, 2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 2013 Volvo S80, 2017 Yamaha Wolverine, 2002 Kawasaki KLR, 1970 Honda Mini Trail 70
I was going to sit around with the antenna and CB cable waiting for someone else to come up with something for me to copy. But, since it is such a new vehicle, maybe that someone is me. So, here is what I did.
1.jpg

I bought this bracket off of ebay for $12. ProPintle Sales part #271353004388. It is listed for JK/JL but is supposed to mount to the back of your center break light. I wasn't doing that.
2.jpg

With the spare tire still on I marked where I wanted to mount it so that it had clearance. Then I removed the spare and drilled the two holes all the way through so that it would be a solid mount.
3.jpg
4.jpg

Then I put two bolts all the way through with washers on the other side for reinforcement. I couldn't find any lock washers laying around so I just put some Loctite on the bolts.
5.jpg
6.jpg

The tailgate panel comes off very easily. Just pry a flathead screw driver between the plastic and tailgate.
7.jpg

I removed this rubber plug, drilled a hole in the middle so that the wire would go through the middle and then cut the bottom of it from the center down.
8.jpg
9.jpg

I attached the antenna mount and route the cable through the hole.
10.jpg

Replaced the rubber plug around the cable.
11.jpg

Fed the cable through the inside of the door and zip tied to the existing wiring.
12.jpg

Replace the tailgate panel and route the cable on the inside of the cabin to fit your needs/set up.
13.jpg

Plenty of clearance all the way around.
15.jpg

14.jpg

I hope this helps somebody.
It sure makes sense to me! I'm going to try it!

Rubi Blue

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Cherokee, 2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 2013 Volvo S80, 2017 Yamaha Wolverine, 2002 Kawasaki KLR, 1970 Honda Mini Trail 70
I was going to sit around with the antenna and CB cable waiting for someone else to come up with something for me to copy. But, since it is such a new vehicle, maybe that someone is me. So, here is what I did.
1.jpg

I bought this bracket off of ebay for $12. ProPintle Sales part #271353004388. It is listed for JK/JL but is supposed to mount to the back of your center break light. I wasn't doing that.
2.jpg

With the spare tire still on I marked where I wanted to mount it so that it had clearance. Then I removed the spare and drilled the two holes all the way through so that it would be a solid mount.
3.jpg
4.jpg

Then I put two bolts all the way through with washers on the other side for reinforcement. I couldn't find any lock washers laying around so I just put some Loctite on the bolts.
5.jpg
6.jpg

The tailgate panel comes off very easily. Just pry a flathead screw driver between the plastic and tailgate.
7.jpg

I removed this rubber plug, drilled a hole in the middle so that the wire would go through the middle and then cut the bottom of it from the center down.
8.jpg
9.jpg

I attached the antenna mount and route the cable through the hole.
10.jpg

Replaced the rubber plug around the cable.
11.jpg

Fed the cable through the inside of the door and zip tied to the existing wiring.
12.jpg

Replace the tailgate panel and route the cable on the inside of the cabin to fit your needs/set up.
13.jpg

Plenty of clearance all the way around.
15.jpg

14.jpg

I hope this helps somebody.
EXCEPT, Now I can not find the bracket you mentioned. Is this correct number? ProPintle Sales part #271353004388.
I do not find in on-line anywhere...
Sponsored