image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

What do you guys think? Ram mounts, I remove the CB mic mount and short arm when I'm not using it. I only use the CB for trail riding with a group, I have a lower mic clip to keep it out of the way. Love the phone mount, it always stays there.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

What do you guys think? Ram mounts, I remove the CB mic mount and short arm when I'm not using it. I only use the CB for trail riding with a group, I have a lower mic clip to keep it out of the way. Love the phone mount, it always stays there.
What Ram ball are you getting that fits that fastener on the grab bar? That's a really nice set up!

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Installed the @CoolTech setup. I'm happy with the way it turned out.
20180523_181624_resized.jpg 20180523_142329_resized.jpg
Hmmm, you went to the lower bolt. I still plan to go to the top bolt with a 3' whip, just peeks over the top. Not great, but good for trail communications. I got my Firestick in the mail today, still waiting on the other box from Cooltech. I heard that there was a shortage of radios, hopefully it comes soon. I need to modification so people don't think I am a Mall crawler. :)

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm, you went to the lower bolt. I still plan to go to the top bolt with a 3' whip, just peeks over the top. Not great, but good for trail communications. I got my Firestick in the mail today, still waiting on the other box from Cooltech. I heard that there was a shortage of radios, hopefully it comes soon. I need to modification so people don't think I am a Mall crawler. :)
Unfortunantly I wouldn't clear my garage with the 3' antenna using the upper hinge as a mounting position. I didn't want to have to think about removing it after a trip. I've done that on previous Jeeps and most of the time I was so tired when I pulled into the garage I forgot. Fortunantly it bent enough to clear the header but ripped all the insulation off my garage doors.
It sits about an inch lower than my softop. It will probably sit flush with my wife's hardtop when I find the time to install it.

Sponsored

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Unfortunantly I wouldn't clear my garage with the 3' antenna using the upper hinge as a mounting position. I didn't want to have to think about removing it after a trip. I've done that on previous Jeeps and most of the time I was so tired when I pulled into the garage I forgot. Fortunantly it bent enough to clear the header but ripped all the insulation off my garage doors.
It sits about an inch lower than my softop. It will probably sit flush with my wife's hardtop when I find the time to install it.
Wow, do you really have a low garge?

I'm going with a 3' and a QD mount. Based on where I am now and the Cooltech measurements, I should fit just under my garage. If not, then I'll take off the QD.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I have a standard 7' garage, but my jeep sits fairly high.
The antenna sits 8.5" from from my garage header in the current location. From center of the hinge bolt holes to the tip of my antenna it is 37.5" tall.
If I mount it in the upper hinge I would be approx 1.5-2" too tall.

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
I used a NGP unit from Firestik on both my JK and JL. It works really nice, and looks like a factory installed option when done.

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg
I like this option the best ... any issues with the blind spot recognition

Sponsored

deitrick1

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I like this option the best ... any issues with the blind spot recognition
I have not noticed, but to be honest, I haven't paid that much attention. I use it when at Rausch Creek and it does the job quite well when chatting with my group. The range is what's to be expected in the mountains. My JK had the 3' whip, while my JL has the 4'. I wish I had stayed with 3'. The 4' tends to wobble more due to length.

The really good news is this can be had on Amazon for around $50 including the whip.

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
I used a NGP unit from Firestik on both my JK and JL. It works really nice, and looks like a factory installed option when done.

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg
Better put a spring on that thing, or u may end up with a hole on the side. Jl is Ito pretty for dat

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
What Ram ball are you getting that fits that fastener on the grab bar? That's a really nice set up!
Agreed - great set up. I cannot locate that ball that bolts into the handrail on the RAM website...

deitrick1

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Better put a spring on that thing, or u may end up with a hole on the side. Jl is Ito pretty for dat
I ran a 3' with no spring for years on my JK with no issues. I actually bought one, but never used it. The antenna mount is pretty strong, but I'm thinking you may be right with the 4' whip.