First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I like 3 pedals, but the 3.45 gears combined with the current 6 speed didn’t cut it. Didn’t want a Rubicon just to get 4.10s, so I caved and bought an auto. The best auto I’ve ever had BTW.

Notice my supplemental sun shade hanging off the headrest. That big ol’ brim works great!

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
I don't have a soft top, but now that the weather is nicer, the only time the Sunrider is closed is rain. Not even when it's parked in public... I live in an urban area, and it would be pretty obvious to a lot of people if someone was trying to climb in through the roof.

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

Checking in from Colorado, yeah, snow predicted for tomorrow, raining right now. Might put off this topless thing for another week.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
In case anyone hasn’t heard tmw is topless day.
Did Barricade intend for this to be a region-specific marketing exercise? As multiple posts make plain, 'Murica is a big country and there's no shortage of locales that remain genuinely cold.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Rain and snow here in Denver for the weekend . No doors or tops off yet.

C111EB20-7B09-4E25-9AD7-E13582B2E98C.png
We lived in the Springs for a while, weather drove my wife nuts…… 😂 ….leave for work in a coat come home with A/C on…..🤣

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
We took the top off for the summer last weekend and tomorrow we're traveling about an hr for my son's lax tournament and is expected to hit 90. Assuming radar is clear of rain we will take the JL on the adventure. Recently bought an Alien Sunshade which seems to work great for helping with the sun.

Sponsored

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Checking in from Colorado, yeah, snow predicted for tomorrow, raining right now. Might put off this topless thing for another week.
Glad my road trip to Colorado was last week! Concert at Red Rocks and went and spent a day on the Switzerland Trail area just outside Boulder. Not sure we would have as much fun with the weather you are getting this weekend.

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Well...
Been in the 90s for a while here in west TN, will only get hotter & more humid. So, enjoying while I can, will probably put top & doors on tomorrow evening though. We're expecting rain this weekend & all next week.

Was at a stop light last week. Lady with 2 kids in the back seats drove by in a very nicely done JKU, light lift & looked like 35s, she waved as she drove by, they had the green light, her kids were waving like crazy. And yep, they had their top & doors off too. Great Jeep community for sure.

20220526_100942.jpg

Last edited:

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Do people take the JL on the highway with tube doors? any concerns with kids (other than their shit flying everywhere)?

Bought tube doors for the first time and looking to install them soon but wife has concerns about driving with the kids on the highway with the tube doors.
Sponsored