Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
We have our share. But I've been on the 6g forum and it's the same thing there. It happens with every group.
I browsed there for a bit and I couldn’t keep going. Hard to crown a vehicle that won’t be on the street in a long time. It’s easy to say the 2030 camaro is better then the current stang. Well it is easy to say that since the comparable Camaro is better then the comparable stang right now and has been for a decade.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
I browsed there for a bit and I couldn’t keep going. Hard to crown a vehicle that won’t be on the street in a long time. It’s easy to say the 2030 camaro is better then the current stang. Well it is easy to say that since the comparable Camaro is better then the comparable stang right now and has been for a decade.
I'm obviously on the Bronco6G forum as well ...but what's odd and what I've observed is this whole conception of crowning the Bronco the winner seems to mostly exist on this forum. Over here, people talk like everyone else is saying the Bronco has already won, but over there, most of the people who are declaring the Bronco the winner are the ones who have had experience with Jeep for many many years (TJ, JK, JL) and just sound fed up with FCA and issues they seem to have, and simply don't want to buy Jeeps anymore. And are very happy that there is finally another choice.

There are obviously the very insightful over there too, who just say "Jeep sucks -- buy Ford", just like over here, but again, this is the internet and everyone is just poking at everyone else which is why I lol'd at the comment to begin with.

As I've said in this thread before (or other threads that have merged into this one lol), so many buyers of either brand (me included) -- Wrangler or Bronco will not use their rig to it's limits anyway, so it really doesn't matter who has the crown, they will buy what they like regardless which is crowned the "best off-road" vehicle.

And Camaro vs. Mustang...been going on since the 60s. I guess it simply, once again comes down to what you like as an individual. I've actually never driven a Camaro, so I can't even say which I think drives better, but all I know is that the GT350R puts a smile on my face every time I drive it...it's just raw, naturally aspirated, vicious power...it just seems untamed, almost unrefined because it's so crazy. Just completely connected to that car (Golf R different type clearly but it is what I would call 'over-refined' ...it's just kinda boring) -- interior could use some tweaks, but man, just don't care when I'm driving it lol

I guess that's what kind of attracts people to the Wrangler, it's stuck to it's heritage and some things may be unrefined or seem archaic to some (SFA for eg. -- that don't understand why it's a SFA), but THAT's what makes them fun!!

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
All I know is that bronco6g like mustang6g is awful as a forum. They delete posts or pictures of anything mentioning another forum, steal videos and pictures and paste their name on it to make it seem like they shot that. Lying thieves run that forum!

Its not a forum, its what I say goes. Which is cool they run it as they please. I will not be a part of that.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All I know is that bronco6g like mustang6g is awful as a forum. They delete posts or pictures of anything mentioning another forum, steal videos and pictures and paste their name on it to make it seem like they shot that. Lying thieves run that forum!

Its not a forum, its what I say goes. Which is cool they run it as they please. I will not be a part of that.
Where else to go? Is there a better one? For news and such they do seem to be on the ball.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper

Admit it Richtor. you belong to the JK forums.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Where else to go? Is there a better one? For news and such they do seem to be on the ball.
Yes stealing from everyone else. I want original source. Haha.
Right now I’m going to try to get SVTP to put in a Bronco section. That, google and twitter. Haha

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes stealing from everyone else. I want original source. Haha.
Right now I’m going to try to get SVTP to put in a Bronco section. That, google and twitter. Haha
oh ya, SVTP is great. There was a super nice Ford assembly worker there who actually sent me videos of my actual GT350R at different stages along the assembly line!

Great vibe in that forum.

R

Sponsored

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2021 JLR
I waited for the bronco to be revealed so I could see how it is. It looks nice, has nice features, and does some things really really well (see: mirrors on body, can fit doors in back, neat tailgate things, etc)

But I didn't like the actual off-road parts. I'm sure it's plenty capable, but I just didn't like parts of it.

The Jeep has big fender flares that let the tires stick out more. The Ford doesn't. I suppose you could make changes yourself and let that happen. The Jeep has an oversized bumper. The Ford does not, unless you change it. With the Jeep, the actual body panels are more inboard and protected by the bumper, wheels, fender flares, etc. If you hit something, just spray black rust-oleum and move on. With the Ford, if you hit something, you're getting body damage. See the below picture.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 2021-Ford-Bronco-on-Rubicon-Trail-3~2

The other thing I didn't like about the bronco was the independent front suspension. It can't flex. It's hard to see here, but I'm pretty sure the front driver side wheel is off the ground. No flex. The Jeep, on the other hand, has some absurd flex, thanks to the solid front axle. I'll have to see how it does when put on ramps, but it didn't look too great from the video I saw

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread Screenshot_20200907-113253~2

That said, I'm sure the bronco will be a fine vehicle and can create some good competition. Competition usually benefits the consumer, so maybe Jeep and ford will have a little war and we'll all benefit. But the bronco just didn't quite meet my expectations. I'll stick with Jeep for now

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I waited for the bronco to be revealed so I could see how it is. It looks nice, has nice features, and does some things really really well (see: mirrors on body, can fit doors in back, neat tailgate things, etc)

But I didn't like the actual off-road parts. I'm sure it's plenty capable, but I just didn't like parts of it.

The Jeep has big fender flares that let the tires stick out more. The Ford doesn't. I suppose you could make changes yourself and let that happen. The Jeep has an oversized bumper. The Ford does not, unless you change it. With the Jeep, the actual body panels are more inboard and protected by the bumper, wheels, fender flares, etc. If you hit something, just spray black rust-oleum and move on. With the Ford, if you hit something, you're getting body damage. See the below picture.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread Screenshot_20200907-113253~2

The other thing I didn't like about the bronco was the independent front suspension. It can't flex. It's hard to see here, but I'm pretty sure the front driver side wheel is off the ground. No flex. The Jeep, on the other hand, has some absurd flex, thanks to the solid front axle. I'll have to see how it does when put on ramps, but it didn't look too great from the video I saw

That said, I'm sure the bronco will be a fine vehicle and can create some good competition. Competition usually benefits the consumer, so maybe Jeep and ford will have a little war and we'll all benefit. But the bronco just didn't quite meet my expectations. I'll stick with Jeep for now
In finding this info for you I stumbled across a pretty decent site which seems to be sourcing from official numbers. They're all over the net for the Bronco, but oddly enough very hard to find on the Rubicon...

https://www.4wheelparts.com/the-dir...-we-know-about-fords-reborn-wrangler-fighter/

So for ALL Bronco's without sway-bar disconnect (i.e. everything but Badlands and First-Edition):
- RTI of 560 (2-door), 500 (4-door) ...now Sasquatch that, I'm not sure..maybe the same?

For Badlands and First-Edition WITH sway bar disconnect:
- RTI of 700 (2-door), 620 (4-door) ...again, I dunno if Sasquatch would raise that...may Sean would know lol

Wrangler RTI is hard to come by as it doesn't seem like Jeep publishes that, but from a google it seems ~690 with disconnected for 4-door...dunno about 2-door.

So ya, Rubicon has more articulation...without sway-bar disconnect, I dunno.

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2021 JLR
In finding this info for you I stumbled across a pretty decent site which seems to be sourcing from official numbers. They're all over the net for the Bronco, but oddly enough very hard to find on the Rubicon...

https://www.4wheelparts.com/the-dir...-we-know-about-fords-reborn-wrangler-fighter/

So for ALL Bronco's without sway-bar disconnect (i.e. everything but Badlands and First-Edition):
- RTI of 560 (2-door), 500 (4-door) ...now Sasquatch that, I'm not sure..maybe the same?

For Badlands and First-Edition WITH sway bar disconnect:
- RTI of 700 (2-door), 620 (4-door) ...again, I dunno if Sasquatch would raise that...may Sean would know lol

Wrangler RTI is hard to come by as it doesn't seem like Jeep publishes that, but from a google it seems ~690 with disconnected for 4-door...dunno about 2-door.

So ya, Rubicon has more articulation...without sway-bar disconnect, I dunno.
Interesting. Maybe in the video they just didn't have the sway bar disconnected? Good to know it can flex!

Oh one more thing to add, it seems like the crazier off road version wasn't available with manual. I'm a weirdo who wants to off-road with a manual, so that's a deal breaker for me

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. Maybe in the video they just didn't have the sway bar disconnected? Good to know it can flex!

Oh one more thing to add, it seems like the crazier off road version wasn't available with manual. I'm a weirdo who wants to off-road with a manual, so that's a deal breaker for me
2.7L (310hp, 400lb-ft) wasn’t available with manual. The base Badlands with 2.3L (270hp, 310 lb-ft) is available with manual. This has sway bar disconnect and pretty much everything Sasquatch package has minus the 35” tires. You cannot currently with the info we know, get Sasquatch with a manual.

if you want the extra power, then yes, as of launch the manual isn’t available. But that may change (I doubt it, but there’s a chance).

keep in mind that even the 2.3L has more power than the wrangler. The pentastar has more hp. And obv not comparing the bronco to the diesel.

kelvinator

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I couldn’t stay away from Broncos Nation (west) today, held in my town, Buena Vista, CO, especially after I heard the 2021 Badlands Bronco would be there. I was bummed that the Sasquatch was a no-show. Now, I understand the hype. The Badlands looked sweet – it’s bad. And it’s a lot beefier than I had envisioned. However, I’m definitely sticking with my Rubicon.

The sales rep said Ford would offer over 200 accessories that may be factory installed and warrantied. Everything item you see on this Badlands - light bar, doors, winch, custom Yakima rack, wire doohickies for clearing brush (I was embarrassed to ask what these were because I don’t see them on trails here) – are options installed at Ford. It’s only $100 down to reserve a Bronco. I had to put down $1000 for my JLUR build. What?! Notice the ARB hydraulic jack mounted on the top. I have an ARB jack. Is there a mount for a Wrangler?

I went to Bronco Nation with my wife to see the Badlands and cherry vintage Broncos, and not to buy one. When we returned home, I found my wife on the Ford Bronco 360° Colorizer, trying to decide between Area 51 and Rapid Red. Oh, geez.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 20200912_085931
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 20200912_090103
Sponsored