Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
We have not seen everything yet. There is still plenty of room for an SVT version with the 3.5. I think that is more of why Jeep put the 392 concept out.
Yeah but you probably won't see something like that until late 2022 or early 2023 at the earliest. From the Brono forum I read Ford is not even shcheduled to start production until May 21st for the Bronco. That's assuming no delays from Ford which has a history of delays.

Ford may also do a QC hold on the fist batch and that can be 4-8 weeks. So just guessing, but the first shipment are not even going to get their Broncos until June/July. Most people will be lucky to get theirs in 2021, many of the reservations/orders will likely get bumped out to 2022. I don't think people grasp this. The Bronco is super hyped right now after the reveal, but let's see how folks feel in 12-18 months when they are dealing with dealer markups, delays, issues, etc.

Reminds me of the C8 Corvette reveal. People were pumped. I have a friend who was one of the first to get his his order in July 2019 at a huge GM dealer with tons of allocations. He still doesn't know if he will get his car this year and now he has grown tired and is looking at GT500's and 911's.
Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah but you probably won't see something like that until late 2022 or early 2023 at the earliest. From the Brono forum I read Ford is not even shcheduled to start production until May 21st for the Bronco. That's assuming no delays from Ford which has a history of delays.

Ford may also do a QC hold on the fist batch and that can be 4-8 weeks. So just guessing, but the first shipment are not even going to get their Broncos until June/July. Most people will be lucky to get theirs in 2021, many of the reservations/orders will likely get bumped out to 2022. I don't think people grasp this. The Bronco is super hyped right now after the reveal, but let's see how folks feel in 12-18 months when they are dealing with dealer markups, delays, issues, etc.

Reminds me of the C8 Corvette reveal. People were pumped. I have a friend who was one of the first to get his his order in July 2019 at a huge GM dealer with tons of allocations. He still doesn't know if he will get his car this year and now he has grown tired and is looking at GT500's and 911's.
I agree with you 100%. I honestly don't expect an svt version until 2023 or so. Whenever the new Ranger Raptor is released I think they will also do the Bronco. I was 100% in on buying until it said April 2021 for first deliveries. With it being that far out I will just wait and drive one before I buy one or put down a deposit.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I think it only gets a front 44 if it’s a locker.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think so.....

When will customers be able to finalize their reservations?
• Reservations opened on July 13. The selected dealer will reach out to customers to complete the configuration and place the order, expected to be July for Bronco Sport and December for Bronco.
Excuse me. He has worked there since 1976 and he has many old-time customers. I myself including. He has 187 Verbal orders for the New Broncos. Sure he has more by the end of today. Including 100 deposit for when the time comes. This falls under Old Shcool. This may clarify now for you.

Sponsored

duc135

First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
From the Brono forum I read Ford is not even shcheduled to start production until May 21st for the Bronco. That's assuming no delays from Ford which has a history of delays.
The Bronco is to be in dealer showrooms late April. In order to make that happen, production has to start long before that. Back in 2015 Ford announced production of the 2021 Bronco was supposed to start in late 2020.

Due to understandable delays, the production is not expected to start until the beginning of 2021. I'd say they're pretty on track on their original production timeline. Unfortunately, with the state we are in with this pandemic, who knows what's going to happen.

Kevman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara Granite Crystal, Audi A5
Call me crazy, but I actually think the Bronco Sport looks better than the big one. Looks like a mini Land Rover LR4 which is nice. And I know Land Rover people went crazy when they ruined the LR4 for that new awful looking Discovery. This is what people have been wanting though...crossovers that look like real SUVS. HUGE market there that isn't being utilized.

The bigger Bronco is just too much of a Wrangler wannabe IMHO. It's nice looking, but it's way too similar for me to have any serious interest.

Sponsored

Jeep It

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S in Firecracker Red
Same here. I LOVE my 18 JLUS but it had been at the shop for 90 days. They have replaced the throttle body, torque converter and I am going on my second rear axel. In addition to some other minor things. Im considering making the switch after test driving one.
Man Laz,
Sorry to hear that. Hope they get you sorted quickly.

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
Did any of you catch the "Sasquatch" package? :CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL:

Looks like its the top-end build, comes with 35" tires on 8.5" wide rims, 4.7 ratio. But still, Sasquatch? Could they have named it anything else?
Actually they could have called it the Darryl package.

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
I think Ford did an outstanding job with the new Bronco. I think they will make a lot of money which is good for Ford and the US, butI don’t like the cheep looking interior. Ford doesn’t know how to put a quality interior in Its vehicles. They have done a good job with Lincoln interiors though.. I love me sky one touch roof and Ford has no answer. I think frameless windows will cause problems with sealing as the doors are taken on and off. I don’t see any value in storing doors in the back where they can be stolen. I just really love my Wrangler Sahara!

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I don’t like that it makes grown men look like babymen in the driver’s seat. Actually LOL I really don’t care. If I had a legit gripe, it would be the release date. This vehicle won’t be attainable by the masses for at least two years.
Sponsored