Broken front locker connector.

Yankee1019

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 2023 JLU Reign Willys
From the pictures this looks like a 4-way Hirschmann Sealstar 1.2 series connector (Code B). The Hirschmann part number is 805-122-542. I don't know the numbers for the terminals or the backseals for the connector. I attached the spec. drawing.

Edit: The TE (TE Connectivity) MCON 1.2 series of connectors SHOULD be compatible but I can't confirm that. The TE part number would be 2-1718645-1. I also included the spec. drawing for this one.

Edit2: All of the connector components should be available from Mouser. Links below. I'm still looking for what would be the correct cable/wire seals but haven't had any luck with that yet.

Connector
Terminals

Found the right ones.
Wire Seals
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

DrGroovenstein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335is, Honda Pilot
Thank you, that is a good option if I can't find an OEM pigtail. I haven't set terminals like that before, so I'd have see what tool is needed to do that.

911turboz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392 Rub, 13 JLU, 97 TJ, 76 CJ7, 74 CJ5, 06 LJ,+
Occupation
VP Land Rover Denver
So as a resolution here, and hopefully some reads this when they do it, because its an easy mistake to make.

The issue for me was no slacking the line pulled one of the 4 pins out of the connector.

The fix is to gently pry apart the connector cover, pup up the little top piece that holds the pins in place, slide the pin back into it's socket, then you place the cover back over it and plug it back in.

Once I pulled the cover off the missing pin popped right up.
IMG_20180708_115656.jpg

Here is a side view of the cover you need to pup up to slide the pin back in place.
IMG_20180708_115728.jpg

all pins back in place with stops up.
IMG_20180708_115918.jpg

Then just close everything back up.

IMG_20180708_115650 (1).jpg
What is the wiring color sequence? Hard to tell after the pink on left what the combos are on the next 3

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
I'm trying to avoid the same issue the OP had. I also didn't want to just brute force the connector out. The little white tab on the top, is it a press, pull, lift, or squeeze type of connector tab?
Jeep Wrangler JL Broken front locker connector. 0099888

Yankee1019

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 2023 JLU Reign Willys
I'm trying to avoid the same issue the OP had. I also didn't want to just brute force the connector out. The little white tab on the top, is it a press, pull, lift, or squeeze type of connector tab?
Jeep Wrangler JL Broken front locker connector. 0099888
The little locking tab needs to be pulled out before you can disconnect it. Once the locking tab is pulled out (not removed) you can use is as the squeeze point release the connector from the receptacle.... It is possible that it will still be difficult to remove....

cgkades

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 1997 XJ
Build Thread
Link
From the pictures this looks like a 4-way Hirschmann Sealstar 1.2 series connector (Code B). The Hirschmann part number is 805-122-542. I don't know the numbers for the terminals or the backseals for the connector. I attached the spec. drawing.

Edit: The TE (TE Connectivity) MCON 1.2 series of connectors SHOULD be compatible but I can't confirm that. The TE part number would be 2-1718645-1. I also included the spec. drawing for this one.

Edit2: All of the connector components should be available from Mouser. Links below. I'm still looking for what would be the correct cable/wire seals but haven't had any luck with that yet.

Connector
Terminals

Found the right ones.
Wire Seals
I broke the stupid tab when doing my lift and can't get it to connect back on. Hopefully this works :)
Sponsored