RoughJLUR

First Name
Ilya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hi,
I managed to bust a little nob off the front axle locker connector at the axle housing. It's Mopar part 68400411AA. It looks like a pretty straight forward install, just one screw, but was wondering if the diff cover has to be removed to access the locker wire, or will it pull out of the housing with the connector.

See attached diagrams. Part 19

thanks,
ilya

68400411AA.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I had to do this on mine after installing the lift without leaving enough cable slack for the flex.

Nothing additional needed and you won't have to pull the diff cover as long as you don't loose the inside cable. There is enough slack to pull it out of the housing to change the connector though. Only a little gear oil on the inside plug so not even a very messy job.

OP
OP

RoughJLUR

First Name
Ilya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Perfect! that's what i was hoping for. thank you for your response.

and funny, because i busted mine during a lift install too. i just gorrila'd the connector instead of being careful and operating the tab correctly. all others were disconnected without damage...

where did you end up ordering your connector? Quadratec is out, and there seem to be a ton of similarly looking Mopar parts sites, but not sure if they are legit.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Allmoparparts.com is a forum sponsor and I've ordered from them and a bunch of the other online Mopar parts sites. They are usually just online storefronts of FCA dealers around the country. But yes, confusing. The problem I ran into was shipping was really expensive for such a small part. Picked it up at one of the local Jeep dealers for around MSRP but they had it in stock and would've been similarly priced after most shipping charges from online order.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
And welcome to the forum!

Sponsored

lambda

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I had to do this on mine after installing the lift without leaving enough cable slack for the flex.

Nothing additional needed and you won't have to pull the diff cover as long as you don't loose the inside cable. There is enough slack to pull it out of the housing to change the connector though. Only a little gear oil on the inside plug so not even a very messy job.

Hey GearWhore,

How did you manage to disconnect the connector inside the differential? I slid the red tab back, but this thing isn't budging. Do you have to pinch on the clip and pull it off? Just curious, my first go at it didn't really work. Any help is most appreciated.

-Gabe

Last edited:

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hey GearWhore,

How did you manage to disconnect the connector inside the differential? I slid the red tab back, but this thing isn't budging. Do you have to pinch on the clip and pull it off? Just curious, my first go at it didn't really work. Any help is most appreciated.

-Gabe
Yes, pull the red tab back and then pinch the connector.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Hopefully you were able to get it done. Pretty easy process, but you really don't want to loose the connector back into the diff!
Sponsored