Sponsored

Brand new Rubicon broke down within 1 hour after delivery

SandBucket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR; 2017 Subaru Outback; 1999 TJ Sport (traded-in)
Several people had issues with their new Jeeps because the fuses were not properly seated. A loose fuse can cause all kinds of crazy issues. I hope it is something that simple and they get it back to you ASAP. For anyone picking up a new Jeep, check the fuses yourself or specifically ask the dealership to do so as part of their final inspection. Good luck!
Sponsored

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ā€˜20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Well, I hope that it's a simple issue and that it gets sorted out in short time . . . Good luck.

JLClt

First Name
Smolniy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M240i
So Jeep Corporate has no responsibility? No one I can ask why this happened and assure me this won't happen again?

They build the vehicle, didn't they do all testing before selling it? I had very hard time getting out of the busy road to the side shoulder without getting in an accident. Didn't even know where the hazard light are( still don't) - that was one question I didn't think to ask when the sales person was explaining the various functions.
FCA doesn't seem to care because of this blind irrational loyal following Wrangler has. Any other car would be already all over the news and proclaimed not safe for public roads . With Wrangler it doesn't matter, as long as the fenders fit some redneck 40" tractor tires

Sponsored

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
The dealer that I bought 6 or so new vehicles from.did have the right to return in 3 days. It may not be a state thing. It was under buyers guide and on the paperwork..

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS
The dealer that I bought 6 or so new vehicles from.did have the right to return in 3 days. It may not be a state thing. It was under buyers guide and on the paperwork..
It is a dealership thing. You have a great dealership; most don't offer that policy.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of scenarios being played here before we even know what happened. It may be something simple, get fixed, and then the Jeep lives happily ever after. Sometimes shit happens, whether it is a Jeep or a Lexus. Hopefully, OP will have it back soon and get to enjoy it.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
Lots of scenarios being played here before we even know what happened. It may be something simple, get fixed, and then the Jeep lives happily ever after. Sometimes shit happens, whether it is a Jeep or a Lexus. Hopefully, OP will have it back soon and get to enjoy it.

It's just a hell of a way to start out. I bought a new 14 ram, drove it and there was no sound from the 8.4. Got them to put navagation on it since it didnt work.

Sponsored

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl sport
If that indeed has happened, and your dealer is nice and friendly you should be able to go in choose another rubicon off the lot, tear up the old contract and get a new one. If you bought today, the dealer has not submitted the paper work yet. I have done that 2 times.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
If that indeed has happened, and your dealer is nice and friendly you should be able to go in choose another rubicon off the lot, tear up the old contract and get a new one. If you bought today, the dealer has not submitted the paper work yet. I have done that 2 times.
That's best case for dealer to trade for a better one , with a new contract .

Worst case is dealer sold a lemon .

Last edited:

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
The dealer is assuring it would be fixed but told me that its really a Jeep corporate issue not the dealers. Jeep customer service not very helpful. Anyone else faced problem like this? What are my options, if any?
New York has a lemon law , if it comes to that . Seems to me the dealer must have obligations . Did you pay all cash ?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Cā€™mon man. I KEEP seeing various people on this forum saying this. That every manufacturer has cars take a shit an hour after driving offf the lot. First of all, that still wouldn't make this any better or vaguely acceptable. And what Lexus have you seen, heard of, or read about doing this? Perhaps it has, but Iā€™ve never heard of such. If you have, please show me. Itā€™s undenable that there seems to be one quality issue after another after another biting owners of brand new Jeep Wranglers.

OP sorry this happened to you. Itā€™s almost like someone crashing into you when you drive off the lot. Yes, it can be fixed but you never forget it and you never get to feel like your vehicle is new. Hopefully itā€™s something small and easy to fix thatā€™s not going to be something that causes you long term problems. Please let us know what it ends up being so we can add it to the list of things to watch for. Good luck.