Sponsored

BFGoodrich KM3 37x12.50R17 in both C and D Rated

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Having run a lot of different tires over the years I'm a BFG fan and reached out to them about releasing a 37" KM3 for 17" wheels. They didn't include this size when the KM3 launched over the summer. I received the response below from them today. You will find this tire on my upcoming 2019 JLUR build!

"The Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 tires will be launched in sizes 37X12.50R17/C and 37X12.50R17/D on 10/01/2018. We are currently building stock for this tire in these two sizes for the upcoming launch."

https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/km3
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Odd that they would release two tires in the same size with such a similar load rating.

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
When are the 39's releasing?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
When are the 39's releasing?
DTD said they are available.

I was dead set on the Milestar Patagonia 40s and have an order in for them for over a month. They called yesterday to inform me that they don't plan on stocking them.

Now I'm trying to decide between:

BFG KM3 39x13.50r17
Cooper STT Pro 40x13.50r17
Gladiator Xcomp 40x13.50r17

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
DTD said they are available.

I was dead set on the Milestar Patagonia 40s and have an order in for them for over a month. They called yesterday to inform me that they don't plan on stocking them.

Now I'm trying to decide between:

BFG KM3 39x13.50r17
Cooper STT Pro 40x13.50r17
Gladiator Xcomp 40x13.50r17
There's supposed to be a 12.50" version out, no?

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Odd that they would release two tires in the same size with such a similar load rating.
C rated tires are increasing in popularity for their slightly more compliant ride. I think this is in response to that. The majority still run E, but there is certainly a trend and BFG has seen it in their 285 and 315 size KO2's.

hansolowookie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MANY JEEPS!
C rated tires are increasing in popularity for their slightly more compliant ride. I think this is in response to that. The majority still run E, but there is certainly a trend and BFG has seen it in their 285 and 315 size KO2's.
yep , the deal is if your not plowing and are going to be doing 90% highway C rated are "easier" to get balanced and are a bit more quiet and prob about 2-5lbs lighter per tire. But hey if yr running 37's be prepared to make a sacrifice.

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Interesting. I'm a fan of bfgoodrich tires also and their new KM3 is on my list of tires to try in the future.

Sponsored

Midwest22

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Having run a lot of different tires over the years I'm a BFG fan and reached out to them about releasing a 37" KM3 for 17" wheels. They didn't include this size when the KM3 launched over the summer. I received the response below from them today. You will find this tire on my upcoming 2019 JLUR build!

"The Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 tires will be launched in sizes 37X12.50R17/C and 37X12.50R17/D on 10/01/2018. We are currently building stock for this tire in these two sizes for the upcoming launch."

https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/km3
Are you sure its C and D rated? I would think it would be D and E rated since Ive seen postings for these on sites that list them as 37x12.5R17 and 37x12.5R17 LT. I would assume the LT means E rated.

I actually called a company today to see if they REALLY had them in stock since they were listed online with a message that said "Low Stock". He gave me some BS excuse but the reality is that nobody has them right now. Im def a going to pick up a set of D rated KM3s!

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fusion, ProMaster Van, FR3 MH
Are you sure its C and D rated? I would think it would be D and E rated since Ive seen postings for these on sites that list them as 37x12.5R17 and 37x12.5R17 LT. I would assume the LT means E rated.

I actually called a company today to see if they REALLY had them in stock since they were listed online with a message that said "Low Stock". He gave me some BS excuse but the reality is that nobody has them right now. Im def a going to pick up a set of D rated KM3s!

No, sadly it's true.
I'm looking at the 35's but only found 3, (maybe I could peg leg for awhile)
They are so new, BFG had a run on them and a lot of vendors are showing negative supply, meaning back ordered.

The offroad show this weekend in Pomona I think, is where BFG will be, so I'm heading out there to get the scoop, my rims are here, just need new shoes.

Have you guys seen the newest Method wheels, (non beadlock, but bead grip)

https://www.methodracewheels.com/collections/trail-series-1/products/701-matte-black

I'm getting these as opposed to hutchinsons, just too much cash and way too much hassle if way out on trails and needing service, plus, $125 for each to setup and balance properly, I call BS

Midwest22

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
No, sadly it's true.
I'm looking at the 35's but only found 3, (maybe I could peg leg for awhile)
They are so new, BFG had a run on them and a lot of vendors are showing negative supply, meaning back ordered.

The offroad show this weekend in Pomona I think, is where BFG will be, so I'm heading out there to get the scoop, my rims are here, just need new shoes.

Have you guys seen the newest Method wheels, (non beadlock, but bead grip)

https://www.methodracewheels.com/collections/trail-series-1/products/701-matte-black

I'm getting these as opposed to hutchinsons, just too much cash and way too much hassle if way out on trails and needing service, plus, $125 for each to setup and balance properly, I call BS
Im heading to Pomona this weekend as well. Hopefully if BFG is there, they can give us some insight into the KM3 37" supply. Good choice on the Methods. Im leaning in that direction as well with the Roost model.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I think the Load Ratings C,D,E etc. mean different things for tires more than 12" vs tires less than 12" in width.

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
I spoke with BFG a few days ago. They will also be releasing their KM3 in a 35x12.50 R17 in a LR D next Tuesday. Currently they are only available in LR E.

-Eli
Sponsored