Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Lee, I spoke with Sawyer in Customer Service. Sounds like he is going to hook me up and get me my rebate. Thank you Bestop...I do love your product!
That's great to hear. Sorry for the inconvenience but thanks for giving us the chance to make it right!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Bestop, clearly "Rebates" are problematic, as this thread proves. Why aren't discounts given at time of sale, ie, lower price immediately. The delays associated with " Rebates", and the sales tax based on the pre- rebate price is annoying. Are you fattening your bottom line, knowing that a percentage of Rebates will be fine print not given ??
What's the rationale behind " rebate", rather than direct Sale price ??
When something goes on sale, the promotion is usually funded by the reseller. A manufacturer's rebate is funded by the manufacturer.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

spascarella

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0L
Occupation
IT
I bought the Bestop Sunrider almost right after getting my Jeep in April. I opted for the free installation from 4WP instead of the rebate. Best add-on so far. Love it.

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Bestop really came through with the rebate on my Trektop- even after I screwed up.

I purchased one of the first 2 door Trektops for my JLR. It arrived on a Thursday, and that being trash day, I wanted to dispose of the huge box asap- so I took everything out and tossed the box.

When I went to submit for the rebate, I realized I was supposed to submit a label that was on the box. The box was long gone by then, but I did notice there was a serial number sticker right near the header- so I took a pic of that and submitted it along with a letter indicating I had screwed up by tossing the box.

A number of weeks later, the rebate arrived- which left me very surprised and pleased. Put me down as another person who had a good experience with Bestop.

kelvinator

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Okay, I am bummed. I have done at least a dozen Jeep-related rebate, including several freaking Rugged Ridge ones, this is the first one I got denied. Good job, @Bestop I don't even know "no error for the item" means?

20200627_180847.jpg
I received this same letter and almost came unglued. Called the number and the customer service rep said these were mailed by mistake. My approval was confirmed over the phone. Fingers crossed your rebate is on its way.

Sponsored

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
When something goes on sale, the promotion is usually funded by the reseller. A manufacturer's rebate is funded by the manufacturer.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
So then why does Bestop care if I got it on sale or not as a determinant for rebate eligibility? Sounds like it wouldn't be any additional money out of Bestop's pocket. I gotta say I do a lot of rebates and this is a pretty unique stipulation.

OP
OP
dmc3csc

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
@Bestop Lauren has been in touch with me and gave me a tracking ID and told me my rebate was on its way. Thank you for your help. I really do love this top and my rebate will be spent on getting some PRP seat covers.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@Bestop Lauren has been in touch with me and gave me a tracking ID and told me my rebate was on its way. Thank you for your help. I really do love this top and my rebate will be spent on getting some PRP seat covers.
@dmc3csc thanks for the update, that's great news! Thanks again for your patience while we got this resolved.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
brilliant2.jpg

Rokyn78

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Occupation
Utility Worker
I almost did the same thing but I ended up asking Bestop before buying one with a promo code and the told me the rebate wouldn't apply. Glad I asked!

Sponsored

pehler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
I just got a big surprise from @Bestop in the mail today. I purchased a Bestop Sunrider top from @Northridge4x4 using a Northridge promo code saving maybe $60. I submitted all proper forms and data for my $200 rebate. After months of waiting I got a letter in the mail denying my rebate because I used a promo code at Northridge. So just an FYI for anyone who may have done the same thing. I love the Bestop sunrider but this rebate has left me soured on buying any other Bestop items.
Bestop gets a lot of slack from the Jeep community but the rebates are basically a scam. Been waiting 3 months for mine to come back and 2 weeks for a reply from an email to customer service. If they don't intend to honour the rebates or make them intentionally difficult to procure they shouldn't offer them. I don't intend to purchase from them again on this issue alone. It is what it is.

pehler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
I received this same letter and almost came unglued. Called the number and the customer service rep said these were mailed by mistake. My approval was confirmed over the phone. Fingers crossed your rebate is on its way.
Let us know if you get it. Got the same thing and was told it was queued for printing but now has the same message as last time "response has been mailed" so I am not all that optimistic.

kelvinator

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I received it a week ago as a $100 prepaid Mastercard. Queued for printing means another 2 - 3 weeks to go - it was for mine, anyway. I called the rebate center three times to get status because their website isn't accurate.

pehler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
I received it a week ago as a $100 prepaid Mastercard. Queued for printing means another 2 - 3 weeks to go - it was for mine, anyway. I called the rebate center three times to get status because their website isn't accurate.
Thanks, hopefully it works out. Disappointing system however. Glad you received yours.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Still made "offshore" whether it be China or Mexico.
I thought "well lit" makes it equivalent? Kinda like:
"hey why do you keep buying those apple products made in chinese slave labor camps?"

"get off my back, those camps are well lit!"

"oh, my bad, i'm gonna go get one now."
Sponsored